New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    under warranty ba?kung di na malas nya....

truck-based din naman mga yan.....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy
    bakit kaya di nagparating ang ford phil ng diesel version nito? ...
    Meron pinasok na CBU units nung bago pa lang ang Ford Phils. They were only limited to few units. You would be lucky enough to see them on ads. I think they were dubbed as power vans, instead of econo van, E-350 to be exact.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kid-lat
    guys... need your help. I was planning to buy a FORD E-150.

What do you think?? reasonable ba? ano ba ang output ninyo? like: ano ang madalas masira? Is it worth? anything about it.... I really love to know..
    Want to hear from all of you.... & any sagestion??
    ok yan pang malaki family. it's like your 2nd home.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I like the E150 too. I was considering buying one. I asked for feedback from friends I know who have them. All of them told me that there is a problem with the aircon. For some reason its not as cold as it should be. I asked a friend of mine that works with Ford and he told me that the aircon is the achilles heel of the E150 (at least here in the Philippines). It apparently can't take the heat here.

I did not buy the E150 (although I still dream about it till this day) because I believe my friends who have one and tell me that the aircon is not cold. I also believe my friend who works at ford (head mechanic) who tells me that the aircon is E150's weakness.

I love the space and luxury of the van but am willing to downgrade on those points for a less sapcious and luxurious as long as its cold inside.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I remember reading an article in C! magazine before, wherein Ford Phil. loaned them an E-150 for a weekend test drive. Minutes after they drove off the Ford dealer, the A/C conked out, and had to go back to have it fixed. Then, on the way to, I think Batangas, the A/C of the E-150 again had a problem. The E-150 became the official baggage carrier throughout their weekend trip. The passengers transferred to a much smaller japanese van.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    It's a terrific van... the AC is good (baka may problem lang yun particular unit na yan). But it's too much of a gas guzzler to use in the city. But if you are constantly hauling lots of people around, the cost becomes manageable. Think about it, 6km/l in the city, BUT you can carry ten people in COMFORT, so it's already worth two cars that get 12 km/l.

It's much more fuel efficient / practical for long trips, but any way you use it, you'll be happy... as long as every one chips in for gas. :lol:
    ok naman pala fuel consumption nya, kala ko mga 4-5 like d f150, so nasa 8 km./L cya sa long drive?
    pwede na....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oh, passenger (front) seat area is mega cramped, same with dodge vans etc.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero
    mahal ang body parts... had a friend na nabangga yung e150 nila.. had only minor dents and scratches kahit malakas daw impact. guess matibay nga. pero nung papagawa sana nila sa casa, casa quoted them 150k for replacement of the damaged part. parang fender nga lang nagasgas kasi daw buo daw ang palit talaga kasi di sila nagpupukpok. yah ryt!
    Actually, if it's insured with Standard Chartered, it's not a bad idea to go for panel replacement. I was also shocked with my Lynx when our repair bill hit almost 300k for cosmetic work (lots of damaged panels...), but I'd rather have new metal than masilya anyday... and they DID replace all the panels. AFAIK, that's their SOP. LOL.

But if insurance makes you pay a percentage for participation, then hellooooo talyer.

As for the AC issue, that's puzzling. I have two uncles with E-150s... one's had two of them, but I've never heard complaints about the AC. I've ridden them long distance and in traffic, and it's always been frigid. :D I guess this is one of those problems that pops up a lot, but it's not universal.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Quote Originally Posted by Ungas
    Meron pinasok na CBU units nung bago pa lang ang Ford Phils. They were only limited to few units. You would be lucky enough to see them on ads. I think they were dubbed as power vans, instead of econo van, E-350 to be exact.
    i agree they're rare...yes i saw some e-350s.. one which is a black, much bigger and higher compared sa common na e-150..and is always in banawe cor laonlaan, malapit sa "dencio's"..basta may banco..

oh,so di pala lahat ng e-350 ay individual import...diba v10 "powerstoke" diesels makina mga un?

parang kasinglaki na ng coaster/rosa mga un..

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    mitsubushi is selling a "coaster" looking thing, its only about P1M

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
FORD E-150 ... help!