New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di gumagana yung enlarge button. hehehe!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Originally posted by explorer
    picture ng lumang focus yan...wala pang picture ng next generation focus kahit saang sulok ng internet at wala pang ni isang planta ng ford na gumagawa na ng bagong focus.
    the next generation focus is the 2005 model. it's now out in the US market. In fact it's getting a fair coverage in the media.

for info on the new model, check this link from the www.ford.com:

http://www.fordvehicles.com/2005focus/awards.asp?bhcp=1

wether the same features will be applied to the Philippine models or wether Ford Philippines will bring them in, in the first place, is an issue best left to the company for reasons we all know.

let's just wait n see. ;-)

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Originally posted by pepengtom
    lam ko kc hatch back ung FOCUS nasa gt e? meron din pala sedan niyan...
    in the US market, the 05 Focus will come in four body styles :
    3-door hatchback
    5-door hatchback
    wagon
    4-door sedan

there will also be 3 engine options : the 2.0 Duratec 20, the greener version 2.0 Duratec 20E and the 151 hp 2.3L Duratec 23 (for sedan only).

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by 7X WDC
    the next generation focus is the 2005 model. it's now out in the US market. In fact it's getting a fair coverage in the media.
    the focus that will be released in the US is not the next generation focus, it's just a re-skined/upgraded focus. the next generation focus will come first from europe (particularly in cologne, germany) and it will be an 'all-new' focus. believe me...i could not elaborate more...my lips are sealed.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    based on the same platform as the mazda3/volvo s40...?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    suspense..suspense.. i guess production-wise, FORD is really after export volume rather than sales dominance dito sa 'pinas; their european operations though, is performing well against japs competitors; they have focus, fiesta, volvo models, mazdas, etc.
    now the question is: will they take advantage of the new excise tax law here and bring in ..FORD FIESTA?! baka magtiklopan mga vios at city jan! going back to some rumors of phasing out the lynx in favor of focus? malilito na ang buyers nyan.. since no problem with platform compatibility, perhaps a new LYNX model will come out in the form of the well accepted FOCUS; then maximising platform use, they will likewise churn out lots of mazda 3s for more exports and test local market sentiments. sana magdilang anghel ako!!!!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    yep yung ford na 5 litre...yun yung ford falcon xr8 gamit sa v8 supercars...( v8 super cars.com.au or try walang au)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by orly_andico
    based on the same platform as the mazda3/volvo s40...?
    yup...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ano spec ng ilalabas na focus d2?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    With the news about the Mazda 3 and Focus, have Ford insiders obtained any scoop if automaker will phase out the Lynx?

When I talk to the dealers, they say "never". Totoo kaya to? Or they just want to make a sale?

I find the Lynx Ghia an excellent value for money car, and interested in getting one. But if it will be phased out, never mind na lang.

Just some questions about the car:

Reliability: How good is it compared to Toyota and Honda?

Engine: I understand that it does not have any valve timing stuff, and that it has the lower HP and torque as compared to the Civic and Corolla. I'm more concerned about ...again... reliability and fuel consumption. Matibay ba ang Mazda engine? Malakas daw sa gas ang Lynx compard to the Civic and Corolla?

Ride Comfort: I'm not really concerned about great European car handling. I'm more concerned about long term driving / cruising. Does it have a bumpy ride? How are the seats?

Parts / Aftersales Service: Is parts hard to come by? Is it only available in CASAs? How is the service of Ford CASAs?

Thanks!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Focus will replace the Lynx (daw)