New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sddefiant View Post
    I can't get a new car when I want to.. Student pa Lang po.

And the 2012 Focus, gustung-gusto ko.. Sakto sa budget, Ganda tingnan, diesel pa!
    I don't want to get stuck with an older model Focus when the new one comes out.. Yung '10 focus design nung 2003 pa if I remember properly..

Ang bills mawawala ng value and parts para dun...

this is one of the reasons why i didn't get the focus. there's a bigger chance i'll regret it lol

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Actually nothing wrong holding a car 7 years or longer... I have an Accord its already 11 years old hehehe... Syempre mababa na resale nya pero syempre kung baga napiga ko na rin yung kotse eh nasulit ko na...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    *AG4

Baka di na rin dalin Mondeo dito, kasi even if Thailand has one the market here for mid-size sedan is really small and dominated by Toyota and somewhat by Honda that it will be too difficult to break the duopoly... But the Mondeo is really nice...

*sddefiant

Seems to me you don't like getting a car that will get old soon. So my suggestion just go get that Montero Sport, yan 3rd model so matagal tagal pa ang palit nyan!

As for the Everest baka malapit na din yan seeing meron ng bagong Ranger coming...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    If you're always going to be looking at the next wave ahead, you'll end up with nothing. It's a peculiar vanity among car freaks, but one that isn't necessarily helpful in this case, especially since you have family to consider.

Get the best deal you can for the current model Focus. I'm sure that it'll be no less enjoyable than the future model.

Agree ako dito, if you need it now, there's no reason waiting for the upcoming model. Cheers.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just get the current focus. The engine itself is a gem. What you can do is wait a little bit for possible discounts.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    the engine and the transmission.

if it's the hatchback, the current one looks more of it than the incoming one which looks more like a crossover.

features wise, new models outshine the old. i hope it will have the hill/slope assist of the Fiesta. it's quite helpful especially at maneuvering in tight, sloped spaces.

the greater concern is the possible price increase due to time and due to model change.

if it's the sedan, wait for the model change.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    *AG4

Baka di na rin dalin Mondeo dito, kasi even if Thailand has one the market here for mid-size sedan is really small and dominated by Toyota and somewhat by Honda that it will be too difficult to break the duopoly... But the Mondeo is really nice...
    That was true for the sub-compact segment too, but Ford just proved that they can be competitive even if they're not number 1 or 2.
    If they can do the same for the compact segment with the 2012 Focus, maybe they might also want to try out the mid-size segment with the next gen Mondeo.
    I guess its still too early to tell, but thats a possibility.
    Last edited by AG4; November 23rd, 2010 at 12:32 PM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    *AG4

There is a difference with the sub-compact and the middle size market... Sub-compacts control 60% of passenger car sales, that a very big pie. Mid-size vehicles are very small so in terms of resources would it be wise for FGP to bring the Mondeo and compete for a small pie that is so dominated and entrenched by Toyota and Honda? IMO if ako si Steve Tan I won't waste precious marketing money on this small segment and further straighten the sub-compact offering and compact offerings further...

Wanted to add as well that FGP right now is offering the Mazda 6 pero medyo so-so lang din naman ang sales performance so by adding Mondeo nag dagdag pa sila ng kalaban sa sarili nilang portfolio. They should just concentrate on Mazda 6...
    Last edited by tidus1203; November 23rd, 2010 at 12:45 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    *AG4

There is a difference with the sub-compact and the middle size market... Sub-compacts control 60% of passenger car sales, that a very big pie. Mid-size vehicles are very small so in terms of resources would it be wise for FGP to bring the Mondeo and compete for a small pie that is so dominated and entrenched by Toyota and Honda? IMO if ako si Steve Tan I won't waste precious marketing money on this small segment and further straighten the sub-compact offering and compact offerings further...

Wanted to add as well that FGP right now is offering the Mazda 6 pero medyo so-so lang din naman ang sales performance so by adding Mondeo nag dagdag pa sila ng kalaban sa sarili nilang portfolio. They should just concentrate on Mazda 6...
    The Mondeo is larger than the Mazda 6, it would have been a better match for the Accord and Camry, the next gen Mondeo will be based on the platform of the current Mondeo, so expect it to stay big.
    The Mazda 6 is too small and not luxurious enough for Filipino/ASEAN mid-size car buyers.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    As Ford is about to sell most of its shares in Mazda, and so lose its position as major shareholder, I doubt that Mazda models will influence its decisions in the future.

http://ph.news.yahoo.com/afp/2010111...e5c2383_1.html

The Mondeo is a cracking car, and is very popular in UK.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast