New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Ano ba ang nagiging problema ng auxiliary fan? Tanong ako kanina sa isang S.A ng Ford Global, wala raw siyang alam tungkol diyan e

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Ano ba ang nagiging problema ng auxiliary fan? Tanong ako kanina sa isang S.A ng Ford Global, wala raw siyang alam tungkol diyan e
    auxiliary fan goes high pitch even though engine is not yet hot enuff...say during engine start....... listen on it while inside basement parking.... I had trouble convincing SAs at ford Global on this before we went up at their 3rd floor parking and listen hard.... true enuff..there is this audible metallic hum....after several days of trial and error replacement... ford plant sent the a replacement part/module as if it knows already the trouble but mechanics at ford global has no clue... who is your SA at ford global ?

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gambit5 View Post
    yep..Had mine replaced the 2nd time last Saturday at Ford Global. SA told me it was the correct part number with a breather to expel hot air outside.

As for that AUX fan thing, I had mine fixed last year under warranty... It was a wayward module that was replaced... not the aux fan. Had difficulty convincing them the problem though.. so now its a TSB .....I wonder how many complained on this before they started investigating....

I'm waiting for a TSB on alignment as mine still keep on leaning to the right on flat road even though I have already had it wheel aligned...even changed my tires to new one.... I think I read somewhere about several cases where newly owned escape has this behaviour.

Sir Fireblade..who is your SA and who told you it was a TSB ?

Sorry but I dont trust any of the SAs. I verified through their warranty point person by the name of Marvin. The aux fan module is what they call CCRM if my memory serves me right. I will try to take a picture of the part location tomorrow .

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post

As the member has posted, the aux fan goes on even if the engine is still cold. Its like giving the wrong signal to the aux fan to work when it should not.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    yep..Had mine replaced the 2nd time last Saturday at Ford Global. SA told me it was the correct part number with a breather to expel hot air outside.

As for that AUX fan thing, I had mine fixed last year under warranty... It was a wayward module that was replaced... not the aux fan. Had difficulty convincing them the problem though.. so now its a TSB .....I wonder how many complained on this before they started investigating....

I'm waiting for a TSB on alignment as mine still keep on leaning to the right on flat road even though I have already had it wheel aligned...even changed my tires to new one.... I think I read somewhere about several cases where newly owned escape has this behaviour.

Sir Fireblade..who is your SA and who told you it was a TSB ?

So gambit, you were the lucky guy who went there last Saturday to get the new tail lights. I was told that someone came ahead of me and the new tail lights is on order basis. What is funny is that they still have the old tail lights on stock so poor consumer who does not know it and would still get the old one if for example it was a replacement for a collision. I suggested to the parts manager to just return the old stock to the plant so it wont be a recurring problem. The usual answer, we will escalate. Argh, cant you make a decision considering that you are a manager

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    auxiliary fan goes high pitch even though engine is not yet hot enuff...say during engine start....... listen on it while inside basement parking.... I had trouble convincing SAs at ford Global on this before we went up at their 3rd floor parking and listen hard.... true enuff..there is this audible metallic hum....after several days of trial and error replacement... ford plant sent the a replacement part/module as if it knows already the trouble but mechanics at ford global has no clue... who is your SA at ford global ?
    Thanks Gambit5 Tinanong ko lang sa Global kasi dun mo dinala, kala ko alam na lahat ng adviser at may recall. Sa Quezon Ave. ako parati service e, magaling si Red, kaso nilipat sya sa Mazda Quezon Ave. e Obserbahan ko nga sa akin.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    As the member has posted, the aux fan goes on even if the engine is still cold. Its like giving the wrong signal to the aux fan to work when it should not.
    Thanks Fireblade I'll observe if my aux fan got any problem

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    So gambit, you were the lucky guy who went there last Saturday to get the new tail lights. I was told that someone came ahead of me and the new tail lights is on order basis. What is funny is that they still have the old tail lights on stock so poor consumer who does not know it and would still get the old one if for example it was a replacement for a collision. I suggested to the parts manager to just return the old stock to the plant so it wont be a recurring problem. The usual answer, we will escalate. Argh, cant you make a decision considering that you are a manager
    I guess you could say 'lucky' that I eventually got the correct one. Actually they installed the same erring part number but I complained that I was advised by warranty group that the correct one is already available. I had it photograph by their warranty group a week before during my 20Km checkup. After a few minutes, out of the blue, they claimed a new part number just came .... and my appointment last saturday is solely for that replacement tail light.... fishy isn't it ?

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    I guess you could say 'lucky' that I eventually got the correct one. Actually they installed the same erring part number but I complained that I was advised by warranty group that the correct one is already available. I had it photograph by their warranty group a week before during my 20Km checkup. After a few minutes, out of the blue, they claimed a new part number just came .... and my appointment last saturday is solely for that replacement tail light.... fishy isn't it ?

I am getting mine tomorrow. Hey gambit, how did you check it using the part number or does it appear different?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I am getting mine tomorrow. Hey gambit, how did you check it using the part number or does it appear different?
    Actually, there's no way...as I've compared both the old and the replacement...looks identical...even the embosed alphanumeric characters on it. I couldn't even find the breather hole. I asked the mechanic what was the difference, he pointed me on the streams of alphanumeric characters printed on a white sticker at the back of the housing... yep...it was different than the old one. At the back of my mind, i'm guessing it's the serial number .... oh well ... will surely know after a few months if it is indeed the correct one

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
To all Escape Owners!