New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Just got back from Ford Global and I am pleased to say that finally they have produced the tail light replacement that does not melt. Also, be sure to have your aux fan module checked as they have issued a technical services bulletin for this. Observe how your aux fan turns on automatically right after you start your engine even if you did not use it for 5 hours and it is parked at the basement. I knew something was wrong and I was i right. The module cost around P8,000 so better have yours checked. They replaced mine and they told me about the TSB issued by Ford.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks for the heads-up... is the tail light replaceable under the warranty period only or even to owners whose warranties have lapsed? AFAIK, the unit we got is still under warranty until July this year...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Oh God Ford, overpriced piece of junk. Filipinos not even buying it here.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    not to mention the expensive service cost.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up... is the tail light replaceable under the warranty period only or even to owners whose warranties have lapsed? AFAIK, the unit we got is still under warranty until July this year...
    I believe that it is only for those that are under warranty. In my case, this will be my third replacement and ordering takes about 3 days.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    konti nga ang bumibili ng ford sa states. mas marami pa akong nakitang acura

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    Just got back from Ford Global and I am pleased to say that finally they have produced the tail light replacement that does not melt. Also, be sure to have your aux fan module checked as they have issued a technical services bulletin for this. Observe how your aux fan turns on automatically right after you start your engine even if you did not use it for 5 hours and it is parked at the basement. I knew something was wrong and I was i right. The module cost around P8,000 so better have yours checked. They replaced mine and they told me about the TSB issued by Ford.
    yep..Had mine replaced the 2nd time last Saturday at Ford Global. SA told me it was the correct part number with a breather to expel hot air outside.

As for that AUX fan thing, I had mine fixed last year under warranty... It was a wayward module that was replaced... not the aux fan. Had difficulty convincing them the problem though.. so now its a TSB .....I wonder how many complained on this before they started investigating....

I'm waiting for a TSB on alignment as mine still keep on leaning to the right on flat road even though I have already had it wheel aligned...even changed my tires to new one.... I think I read somewhere about several cases where newly owned escape has this behaviour.

Sir Fireblade..who is your SA and who told you it was a TSB ?
    Last edited by gambit5; January 29th, 2007 at 05:17 PM. Reason: additional ...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yikes!!! dami palang TSB sa escape2005 model ...

see url...

http://www.ford-trucks.com/tsb/tsb.p...-2005/d-ESCAPE

Can we form a group and gang up Ford Global to have a look on our Escapes so they check/verify all these TSBs on our car before it lapses warranty ?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacoma_34 View Post
    Oh God Ford, overpriced piece of junk. Filipinos not even buying it here.
    FYI... the Escape (and Tribute) being sold here are manufactured locally in the Philippines and exported to other SEA countries.

The build quality of locally & Thailand (Ranger & Everest) manufactured Fords seems pretty good as compared to the hit-and-miss fit-and-finish made-in-the-USA Fords (Explorer & Expedition) that we get.
    Last edited by mazdamazda; January 29th, 2007 at 05:46 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by gambit5 View Post
    yikes!!! dami palang TSB sa escape2005 model ...

see url...

http://www.ford-trucks.com/tsb/tsb.p...-2005/d-ESCAPE

Can we form a group and gang up Ford Global to have a look on our Escapes so they check/verify all these TSBs on our car before it lapses warranty ?
    Good luck. They'll argue that it's out of the warranty period or some such.

In the US, even if you're past the warranty period, they'll sometimes cover damaged items that are covered in TSBs.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
To all Escape Owners!