New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggs View Post
    Is it true that this new 2.0 engine have gone back to a Timing Belt and also belt driven din ang oil pump? If it is Then really needs TLC for the needed belt frequency replacement.
    it's not just timing belt, it's also a wet belt i.e. soaked in engine oil one of the reasons why i didn't buy the new ranger

there's probably a ford spec oil WSS-Mxxxxx that's approved for wet belts. not sure if non-approved oil will hurt the wet belt. see wet belt failures on the ecoboost 1.0 and ford transit ecoblue 2.0

2. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    it's not just timing belt, it's also a wet belt i.e. soaked in engine oil one of the reasons why i didn't buy the new ranger

there's probably a ford spec oil WSS-Mxxxxx that's approved for wet belts. not sure if non-approved oil will hurt the wet belt. see wet belt failures on the ecoboost 1.0 and ford transit ecoblue 2.0
    Possibly belts that is designed to soaked in Oil??? Eto medyo wary ako lalo na yun belt ng oil pump isang sablay nun mag seized ang engine.

But I really love the stance/looks and creature comforts…nagmukhang old skul na EVEREST ko now

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Possibly belts that is designed to soaked in Oil??? Eto medyo wary ako lalo na yun belt ng oil pump isang sablay nun mag seized ang engine.

But I really love the stance/looks and creature comforts…nagmukhang old skul na EVEREST ko now

of course they were specifically designed to be soaked in oil but i'm not really surprised that they fail

it's just a bad idea that needs to stop

4. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    of course they were specifically designed to be soaked in oil but i'm not really surprised that they fail

it's just a bad idea that needs to stop
    VW does it too with their later 2.0 EA288 TDI with their oil pump although they dont seem to have the same notoriety as Ford and PSA when it comes to wet belt failure. I wonder if the added load from the valvetrain (instead of just running the oil pump) is what is causing them to fail or the belt and oil design/selection is better on VW's part.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Wet belt is a bummer.

The old 2.2 and 3.2 were super solid with a timing chain setup.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Wet belt is a bummer.

The old 2.2 and 3.2 were super solid with a timing chain setup.
    5 cyl 3.2

7. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Wet belt as per design for Ford is 10years or 150K miles…wow robust enough for that belt pala. But UK mechies have practiced changing them halfway of the OEM recommendation.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Wet belt as per design for Ford is 10years or 150K milesÂ…wow robust enough for that belt pala. But UK mechies have practiced changing them halfway of the OEM recommendation.
    Unfortunately some of them are failing well before their rated service life. I'd probably be more conservative than the OEM recommendation too.
    1. EcoBoost 'wet belt' issue - Ford Focus Club - Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Meron ba nag accept ng trade in Gen3 to Gen4? How much ba ongoing market value ng 2016 Titanium with 59K km Odo? Napapalingon talaga ko sa new Eve
    Originally considering the Explorer and CX-9, we recently visited Ford and Mazda dealerships. The Explorer on display had a somewhat dated interior compared to the new Everest. While the CX-9 wasn't available, we saw the impressive CX-90 in person, but it was beyond our budget.

My wife was also very impressed with the new Everest's exterior, interior, and features. So, we ended up going with the latest gen Everest.
    Nung inuwi nila from Baguio casa, sabi ni wifey na mas smooth daw sya kumpara sa dati naming Fort Q.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumusut_Amige View Post
    Originally considering the Explorer and CX-9, we recently visited Ford and Mazda dealerships. The Explorer on display had a somewhat dated interior compared to the new Everest. While the CX-9 wasn't available, we saw the impressive CX-90 in person, but it was beyond our budget.

My wife was also very impressed with the new Everest's exterior, interior, and features. So, we ended up going with the latest gen Everest.
    Nung inuwi nila from Baguio casa, sabi ni wifey na mas smooth daw sya kumpara sa dati naming Fort Q.
    Fuel economy is also very good and cost of ownership is reasonable.

Enjoy your ride

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast