New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Yes, I saw those same pics of the JX4G15 at Autohome when they did a detailed look into the engine and compared it to the 1.5 EcoBoost of the Focus/Kuga/Escape.
    it seemed to be that they already had started designing the version used in the ford and it seems to be for emissions related rather than fuel efficiency

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLZ View Post
    it seemed to be that they already had started designing the version used in the ford and it seems to be for emissions related rather than fuel efficiency
    True, though they'd probably get both out of it.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Lack of marketing too. Ford ph gave up on the Focus and Fiesta even before they were released here. Nawalan na ng gana. Even the sales agent didn't have a f***in clue that they were selling the focus when I asked back in 2017. I guess its easier for them to sell SUVs.

But, for example, Subaru's turbo engines have longer history of failures. Strangely, they're still pretty popular especially the WRX.
    It might all boil down to Filipino's preference to Japanese cars rather than American ones.
    Partly because of the japanese preference but you have to remember that most buyers of the Subaru wrx/sti sedans are enthusiast that have then modified and thus the cars are a little bit better taken care off than your average car buyer.

BTW i saw the Ford Territory in a convoy at EDSA doing a media testing cguro.
    looks bigger than a ford Ecosport.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    BTW i saw the Ford Territory in a convoy at EDSA doing a media testing cguro.
    Was it a red one and bluish-silver one? Two were spotted at BGC being filmed, perhaps a launch vid?

Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    looks bigger than a ford Ecosport.
    It's much bigger than an EcoSport. The Territory is compact-size like an MG RX5 & Rav4. Length is 4580mm.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Honestly, nagulat ako na dinala ng Ford itong Territory sa Pinas

Priced too high - mahihirapan sya against the BR-V, XL7, Rush and Xpander (isama mo na yung MG)

Priced too low - walang bibili ng EcoSport

Baka maayos sales nya sa China, pero iba naman market natin.

Tignan nyo na lang yung HR-V/Vezel, palagi kang may makikita sa Singapore & Malaysia, pero bihirang bihira sa atin.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Priced like there's no pandemic/economic slowdown? ,[emoji38]

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Honestly, nagulat ako na dinala ng Ford itong Territory sa Pinas

Priced too high - mahihirapan sya against the BR-V, XL7, Rush and Xpander (isama mo na yung MG)

Priced too low - walang bibili ng EcoSport

Baka maayos sales nya sa China, pero iba naman market natin.
    For 2019 the Territory was Ford's best selling SUV model in China, and yes it pretty much ate into EcoSport sales in China due to their overlapping prices. Its direct rival when it lands here is the MG RX5.

This I believe is the Territory Trend trim (or whatever its called in China).

If image is not showing, here's the link: https://car2.autoimg.cn/cardfs/produ...n8ZWHhM781.jpg
    This one we rarely see on marketing stuff. My guess is this will be priced like a TOTL EcoSport.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Was it a red one and bluish-silver one? Two were spotted at BGC being filmed, perhaps a launch vid?

It's much bigger than an EcoSport. The Territory is compact-size like an MG RX5 & Rav4. Length is 4580mm.
    mas maganda tignan sa width...

And the price makes it a dust collector

https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...ry-for-ph.html

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Dude, your own link says wala pang pricing, only that competitors in the segment are around P1.4-P1.8M.

Quote Originally Posted by The Article
    Pricing has yet to be announced but the segment it would compete in typically has prices between PhP 1,400,000 to PhP 1,800,000. But, because it would qualify for the free trade agreement and the huge economies of scale in China, Ford could end up undercutting many competitor models.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    mas maganda tignan sa width...

And the price makes it a dust collector

https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...ry-for-ph.html
    That's the average price of the C-segment SUVs in the Philippines.
    In China the Territory is priced in the same range as the MG (Roewe) RX5.

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast