New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Maybe that's what the thousands of Civic Turbo, EcoSport 1.0 EB, and Geely Coolray owners do. I haven't checked the Honda forums though, not sure if they have maintenance issues with the Direct injection 1.5 VTEC Turbo.
    Almost all direct injection, turbo or not have these issues. Mazda skyactiv has it, the ecoboost has it, VW meron din... Honda doesn’t have any carbon issues though. I read that the positioning of the injector allows the fuel to hit the intake valves even thought its direct injection.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Almost all direct injection, turbo or not have these issues. Mazda skyactiv has it, the ecoboost has it, VW meron din... Honda doesn’t have any carbon issues though. I read that the positioning of the injector allows the fuel to hit the intake valves even thought its direct injection.
    Here's the info I found regarding the (Ford)JMC-AVL engine's direct injection design compared to the one on the fully-Ford-developed 4-cylinder 1.5T.
    Translated from Chinese:
    Side-set direct spray.
      Unlike the top-stand direct injection used in the Ford 1.5T engine, the Jiangling 1.5T engine uses a side-stand direct injection system, with the high-pressure rail sit below the side intake manifold, rather than the high-pressure rail similar to the Ford engine above the cylinder head.

I think this is a similar layout as the one on the 1.5 VTEC Turbo.
    Honda Global | VTEC TURBO - Picture Book
    Last edited by AG4; August 18th, 2020 at 03:38 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    I foresee this to be the first Ford for a lot of people, and it's a turbo too, at that.

There's a lot of social media buzz about this being supposedly a "Chinese" rebadged Ford, when the truth is more complex and nuanced. I'm not really sure why Ford Philippines hasn't hired any sort of social media strategist to change this notion.

Pricing is really good but are you willing to be an early adopter in this Chinese-Australian-Belgian-American product? The Trend looks to be a good value in its own right, but the Titanium+ does come with a lot of cool toys:

Trend Titanium Plus
    Door Handles Body Color Chrome
    Exterior Mirrors Power Folding, Heated
    Front Grill Gloss Black Gloss Black w/ Chrome Inserts
    Tires+Wheels P235/55R17 P235/50R18
    Front Wipers Variable Intermittent Rain-Sensing
    Puddle Lamps None Included
    Speakers 6 8
    Wireless Charging None Included
    PM2.5 Filters None Included
    Instrument Cluster 3.5 inch LCD 10 inch Digital Display with Themes
    Power Window Buttons Standard One-Touch Up or Down for all windows
    Steering Wheel Adjustment Tilt Tilt and Telescopic
    Ambient Lighting w/ 7 colors None Included
    Camera Rear-View 360 deg HD Cameras
    Cruise Control Standard Adaptive w/ Forward Collision Warning
    Extra Safety and Driver-Assist Features TPMS TPMS, Autonomous Emergency Braking, Blind Spot Info System, Enhanced Parking Assist, Lane Departure Warning
    Heated/Ventilated Seats None Included

Everything else (10" touchscreen infotainment system, moonroof, DRL's, fog lamps, rear air vents, climate control, leather seats, airbags, ABS, traction control, hill climb assist, et cetera) is the same.
    Last edited by Verbl Kint; August 20th, 2020 at 05:44 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    my guess is,
    they'll hit the ads with everything they've got, when the vehicle hits the showrooms and the stockrooms.
    it doesn't seem, to me, good timing right now, what with covid.

... so, it's a mongrel...?
    heh heh.

ang alam kong mabiling mongrel dito,
    is the one we build in our backyard.

"we shall see."

there's at least two folks here, who swear, "never again a ford".
    Last edited by dr. d; August 20th, 2020 at 06:04 PM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Is this a better buy than the base Corolla Cross?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 B View Post
    Japenese: Heavily discounted Maxda cx30 pro

Korean: loading.....

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 B View Post
    Based on its looks and features, it is better than the Toyota Cross.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    There's a lot of social media buzz about this being supposedly a "Chinese" rebadged Ford, when the truth is more complex and nuanced.
    Part of the misunderstanding came from the fact that the Ford-JMC SUV project was initially launched under the Yusheng brand. People/media were quick to jump to the conclusion Ford just slapped a Ford-badge on a random Chinese vehicle. It was basically engineered and designed like any Ford car from the beginning, it even incorporated Ford's Kinetic Design language.

Its 1.5-turbo engine basically combined some features of the 2.0 EcoBoost with the 1.5 EcoBoost. The result was a 1.5 Turbo that has a timing chain and side-mounted direct-injection (Miller Cycle was added to meet strict emissions and improve fuel consumption). Despite looking like a typical 4-cylinder Ford gasoline engine, the "4G15" part of the "JX4G15C5L" engine code made people assume it was based on an old 4G1 Mitsubishi engine which has a different orientation.

Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    Pricing is really good but are you willing to be an early adopter in this Chinese-Australian-Belgian-American product? The Trend looks to be a good value in its own right, but the Titanium+ does come with a lot of cool toys:
    Ford waited 1.5 years before launching it in export markets. In that period they made minor changes including the suspension which was retuned, it also has redesigned lower L-arms which now resemble the ones on the all-new 2020 Escape/Kuga but made of steel instead of aluminum.
    Last edited by AG4; August 20th, 2020 at 09:58 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Japenese: Heavily discounted Maxda cx30 pro

Korean: loading.....
    Hyundai Kona?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Hyundai Kona?
    next gen models..palabas na in a few month...gas variants...