New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    I see. The all new Explorer will supposedly launch in the Philippines either end of 2020 or early 2021. Perhaps it's the next local launch after the Territory.
    ok gets, its the grill and headlight mix. sort of reminds me of a bee/fly where eyes are bulging. for the price id rather get the telluride. It looks amazing with its DRL. Its still outside my paygrade

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    ok gets, its the grill and headlight mix. sort of reminds me of a bee/fly where eyes are bulging. for the price id rather get the telluride. It looks amazing with its DRL. Its still outside my paygrade
    What I'm interested about is its new RWD platform with a semi-mid-front-engine layout like a BMW.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Finally saw one. The side proportions are fantastic. Short overhangs on both front and back. Wheel&tire looks great from the side. Front is a meh.
    Where did you seen the new explorer? That's possibly a grey market import.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    Where did you seen the new explorer? That's possibly a grey market import.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    i'm not in pinas bro. hehehe

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Sir Good evening po. Bago lang po ako dito sa Ford forum just want to ask po sana advise niyo since i have never own one but i am buying a Pajero sana kaya lang ang downside niya ay discontinued na ang production yata next year so my opiton is either a CX-9 or a 2.3 Li Ford Explorer.

For its size po, yun bang 2.3 Li Ecoboost engine ng Explorer ay hindi underpower lalo kung puno at paakyat ang journey say Tagaytay or even Baguio po? Medyo malaki na po kasi ang V6 engine sa akin malaki na ang fuel consumption.

Everytime i see an Explorer i cant help but admire it kaya option ko ito or CX-9 sana if i am not buying a Pajero.

Is the 2.3 Li still a good buy - please advise po.

Salamat

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    The 2.3 is rated at 270 hp. And 400 NM torque. Thats MORE than the cx9.

The 2.3 has way more power than the other SUVs ....pajero wont hold a candle to it in power.

There is also a 500t discount as well for the 2.3L explorer and v6 3.5 explorer. Thats tremendous value.

It will eat the climb up to baguio for breakfast. Heck even a regular Grandia with 120 hp will easily do Baguio.

Im betting most people cannot keep up with the UV express Grandias that race up Kennon and Marcos Highway up to Baguio.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by aeis View Post
    Sir Good evening po. Bago lang po ako dito sa Ford forum just want to ask po sana advise niyo since i have never own one but i am buying a Pajero sana kaya lang ang downside niya ay discontinued na ang production yata next year so my opiton is either a CX-9 or a 2.3 Li Ford Explorer.

For its size po, yun bang 2.3 Li Ecoboost engine ng Explorer ay hindi underpower lalo kung puno at paakyat ang journey say Tagaytay or even Baguio po? Medyo malaki na po kasi ang V6 engine sa akin malaki na ang fuel consumption.

Everytime i see an Explorer i cant help but admire it kaya option ko ito or CX-9 sana if i am not buying a Pajero.

Salamat
    The 2.3 EB was design for heavy duty use. It was meant for V6 applications. I think its in its 2nd iteration so higher reliability.

8. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by aeis View Post

Salamat
    Try joining their respective Facebook groups to gauge common issues to help you decide.

Expect fuel consumption in the range of 5km/l city on these heavy turbo petrol vehicles.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Both vehicles have more than enough power and torque compared to the usual crop of PPVs, vans, or small cars. Kennon Road will be no challenge for these two vehicles.

If going for the Explorer, just go the whole nine yards with the 3.5L Ecoboost Sport AWD. The Mazda CX9 or Explorer 2.3L ain’t going to be fuel efficient so just get the one with most power output.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Go Explorer if you want more comfort and space. CX-9 if you want better driving dynamics and a nicer interior.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast