New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 710 of 718 FirstFirst ... 610660700706707708709710711712713714 ... LastLast
Results 7,091 to 7,100 of 7178
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by gundam View Post
    ^ pwede ba malaman why you hate mitsu more than ford. Curious lang. Where in your case Both seems to be problematic.
    Ford was able to fix my 2012 Ranger's problem and now I am enjoying the truck again. Mitsubishi's Strada with its outstanding vgt on the other hand gave me problems since day 1. Power surge, major smoke belch, stalling....you name it. Mitsubishi marcos Hiway was not able to fix it. Mitsubishi in Edsa was not able to fix it. Yeah there's warranty but the hassle was intolerable. Sold the crap in the end with roughly 6k on the odo. This is me being objective.

Now whenever I see a spanking brand new mitsubishi smoke belch...I say good riddance. Mabilis ang vgt. Pinapauna ko nalang. Mas gusto ko nasa harapan ko sila kesa nasa likuran ko. Mahirap na baka magkamali yung driver, imbis na preno ang apakan eh.....

May I ask if you own one?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by gundam View Post
    ^ pwede ba malaman why you hate mitsu more than ford. Curious lang. Where in your case Both seems to be problematic.
    3 letters lang. SUA. and the sad part is mitsubishi denies it, kahit may namatay na di pa din ina-address ang problema.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hmmm... So far buhay pa naman ang 2013 Strada 4x4 namin. No smoke belching, never ran off on its own, agree on the power surge at 2000rpm.

So it is confirmed that the new Rangers sold now no longer have issues with the turbo and transmission?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    ️Bro. Madaming nabibileng parts Na oitside casa.. Sa Banawe Lang and on-line locally available na din.. At MuRA din..
    I see. Nandito kasi ako sa Negros eh pero it's nice to hear na pwede pala maka kuha ng parts sa banawe. Ang hirap kasi dito eh isa lang and dealer ng ford at wala ka nang my mapupuntahan pa na iba, so pag walang competition, thay can charge as much as they want. Gusto ko talaga ng Ranger eh or Hilux.I hope that I will not regret buying it.
    Thanks.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    ️Bro. Madaming nabibileng parts Na oitside casa.. Sa Banawe Lang and on-line locally available na din.. At MuRA din..
    I see. Nandito kasi ako sa Negros eh pero it's nice to hear na pwede pala maka kuha ng parts sa banawe. Ang hirap kasi dito eh isa lang and dealer ng ford at wala ka nang my mapupuntahan pa na iba, so pag walang competition, thay can charge as much as they want. Gusto ko talaga ng Ranger eh or Hilux.I hope that I will not regret buying it.
    Thanks.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    Compared to the japanese brands, mas mahirap pa din hanapan ng parts ang Ford but that does not mean its impossible. May mga specialty stores na din sa banawe that sells parts for a specific manufacturer so I don't see any concern regarding outside parts availability.

With regards to your question on updated design of the vehicle, lahat naman ng manufacturers apply the updates to newer models kaya nga sa mga impatient buyers na tulad ko, kami ang nagiging guinea pig, so yes updated na din ang mga bagong models.

If I were to be asked kung irerecommend ko ang ranger...for your application since newer model ang bibilhin mo, pwede. If you were to buy a 2nd hand, just make sure necessary revisions were done already.

Between an american truck and a japanese truck (Locally available), I'd still go with the japanese (excluding mitsubishi) for reliability and utility. But for features, panalo ang ford.
    Thanks for your recommendation Djerms. I really want the Ranger but the after sales service and the cost and scarcity of parts here in Negros is what prevents me from buying it, as I have also read it online and from accounts of Ford owners themselves. May nagsasabi na bilhin mo , yung iba sabi hindi at mag Hiux ka nalang para sigurado at walang sakit sa ulo later on. But my heart goes to Ranger because of the bells and whistles that come with it as compared to the Hilux. You are correct in saying that panalo sa features ang Ford. Thanks for the heads up. I hope I will not regret buying it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    Compared to the japanese brands, mas mahirap pa din hanapan ng parts ang Ford but that does not mean its impossible. May mga specialty stores na din sa banawe that sells parts for a specific manufacturer so I don't see any concern regarding outside parts availability.

With regards to your question on updated design of the vehicle, lahat naman ng manufacturers apply the updates to newer models kaya nga sa mga impatient buyers na tulad ko, kami ang nagiging guinea pig, so yes updated na din ang mga bagong models.

If I were to be asked kung irerecommend ko ang ranger...for your application since newer model ang bibilhin mo, pwede. If you were to buy a 2nd hand, just make sure necessary revisions were done already.

Between an american truck and a japanese truck (Locally available), I'd still go with the japanese (excluding mitsubishi) for reliability and utility. But for features, panalo ang ford.
    Thanks for your recommendation Djerms. I really want the Ranger but the after sales service and the cost and scarcity of parts here in Negros is what prevents me from buying it, as I have also read it online and from accounts of Ford owners themselves. May nagsasabi na bilhin mo , yung iba sabi hindi at mag Hiux ka nalang para sigurado at walang sakit sa ulo later on. But my heart goes to Ranger because of the bells and whistles that come with it as compared to the Hilux. You are correct in saying that panalo sa features ang Ford. Thanks for the heads up. I hope I will not regret buying it.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    I Don't have a ranger.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    After 18 months use and 60T kms, a friend was told his battery needed replacement already and was quoted about 12T++ for a new one. He complained it was too soon for a battery to breakdown and the price was lowered to 10T+.

What kind of battery does the Ford Ranger use? Why so expensive? Almost same as the Mazda i-Stop battery. Does the Ford Ranger battery have a Motolite equivalent?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    After 18 months use and 60T kms, a friend was told his battery needed replacement already and was quoted about 12T++ for a new one. He complained it was too soon for a battery to breakdown and the price was lowered to 10T+.

What kind of battery does the Ford Ranger use? Why so expensive? Almost same as the Mazda i-Stop battery. Does the Ford Ranger battery have a Motolite equivalent?
    may nabile ako amaron 6.2k with trade in... magpapalit ka lang ng bolt ng battery holder

9. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Anyone experience aircon problem(Dual-Climate)? Hindi same yung temperature from passenger and driver's side. Driver's side is significantly blowing higher temperature pero not at the point na walang lamig. I reported it sa my nearest dealership, and what they did is HVAC Programming. And initially naayos yung problem but after few days hindi nanaman ulit nag papantay yung lamig. They already had 4 seperate times of HVAC Programming and same results parin. And had to complain sa service manager. They replaced the clutch fan assembly and reprogram the HVAC, after few days ulit same result. Now they asked me if I want to avail their aircon service which cost around 27k (hindi daw kasama sa warranty coverage) which will declog the system and again re-order the clutch fan for warranty (kasi yun daw yung sira). Any thoughts?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Guys. Can you pls confirm what type of ateering you have for this Ranger? Is it EPS or conventional Hydraulic?

2012 Ford Ranger