New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    FYI, the looks of 2007 Escape is exactly the same as the 2006 model, only a very little modification such as the round fog lamps, and a front grill like that of a Ford Everest. You can ask any Ford dealer of their 2007 calendar and the picture is there.

The model 2008 Escape however looks like this:

..and the dashboard is totally different.

Very NICE! However the problem with this dash is you cannot install an in-dash LCD screen, unless you need to have the control panel modified and have it custom made.

I for one is an owner of a 2006 model Escape, NBX 2.3L here at PI. Very nice ride and interior design, but I higly suggest you should not buy any of the current 2006-2007 Escape or the Mazda Tribute. Both vehicles have a lousy RECIRCULATING AIRCON SWITCH KNOB DESIGN! "Walang No.1 fan setting kundi 2 agad". Ive called my local dealer here to try to order the US version to repace it to correct this problem but local dealers here are incompetent to my queries. They are very limited to what is available at their Ford plant in Laguna. Naiinis talaga ako dahil pagkatapos nila nabenta car saakin e parang hindi na nila magaqwan ng paraan yung problema.:rant:

If somebody from Ford Group of Company can read this, I hope this serves as a wake-up call and recall this problem on your current Escape or Tribute model.

My advice is, just wait for the 2008 model Escape to be out on the local market. The problem with the recirculating switch should have been eliminated. I too am waiting for it to arrive, and I surely will trade-in mine as soon as its available here.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehehe
    saw the new escape as well, from the calendar of the dealers.
    wala pa daw sila actual unit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
2007 escape or 2006 tribute - help!!