New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Three questions:

1. Where do you buy your beef? (ie. Store or grocery name)
    2. What kind or kinds of beef do you usually get? (ie. US/Australian/Local, Prime/Choice, ribeye, T-bone, porterhouse, etc.)
    3. How do you prepare and cook them?

Decades ago, my dad used to cook grocery-bought T-bone steaks. He just adds a pinch of salt and cooked in a pan on high heat. Nothing fancy.

Curious on how you guys do your steaks.
    Last edited by oj88; June 14th, 2019 at 12:07 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I buy the streak, take it from the wrapping, and throw it on the (charcoal) grill. I sprinkle onion or garlic powder on each side. That's it. No marinate or baste. Just let it cook in its own juices.

I buy the cheap boneless ones with a bit of fat. I think the fat gives flavor. Plus, they're thinner and cook faster. They're also just the right size to put on a plate of steamed rice.

I don't cook steak anywhere else.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 15th, 2019 at 02:04 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    im eyeing this rarefoodshop on ig when i come back. locally meron boneless ribeyes and wagyus.

the meat has to be room temp. and patted dry to avoid steaming. if its chilled the pan will get cold.

youll need a black peppercorn mill. freshly grind is the best.

high quality sea salt too. its not that expensive.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    For lazy goood...this is my quick fix...[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    ang magaling sa lamb chops eh taga middle east.

Ang hirap ireplicate sa bahay.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post

cyma did their lambchops good. it was very gamey though. Mamou is not good with lambchops.

i think the topic is more beef steaks though

cook medium. not medium rare.

no cold drinks

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007

Kags!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    the cheapest masarap lamb chops si mister kabab. Pero hindi lahat ng branch. Ang pulido yung sa mezza condomonium.

ah pag steak ba specific lang sa beef. Akala ko general. Lahat na lang kasi para masaya.

Timpla ko lagi marinate sa rock salt 24hours sa freezer. Depende kung ano herbs ihahalo ko. Less is more para hindi ma-mask yung lasa.

A steak (/ˈsteɪk/) is a meat generally sliced across the muscle fibers, potentially including a bone. Exceptions, in which the meat is sliced parallel to the fibers, include the skirt steak cut from the plate, the flank steak cut from the abdominal muscles, and the silverfinger steak cut from the loin and includes three rib bones. In a larger sense, fish steaks, ground meat steaks, pork steak, and many more varieties of steak are known.

Steak is usually grilled,[1] but can be pan-fried. It is often grilled in an attempt to replicate the flavor of steak cooked over the glowing coals of an open fire.[1] Steak can also be cooked in sauce, such as in steak and kidney pie, or minced and formed into patties, such as hamburgers.

Steaks are often cut from grazing animals, usually farmed, other than cattle, including bison, camel, goat, horse, kangaroo,[2][3] sheep, ostrich, pigs, reindeer, turkey, deer, and zebu, as well as various types of fish, especially salmon and large pelagic fish such as swordfish, shark, and marlin. For some meats, such as pork, lamb and mutton, chevon, and veal, these cuts are often referred to as chops. Some cured meat, such as gammon, is commonly served as steak.

Grilled portobello mushroom may be called mushroom steak, and similarly for other vegetarian dishes.[4] Imitation steak is a food product that is formed into a steak shape from various pieces of meat. Grilled fruits such as watermelon have been used as vegetarian steak alternatives.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008

i don't like lamb.

...lamb steak...?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    What's the proper cooking pan for steaks?
    The ones that i bought home doesnt taste as what i expected. Im thinking it is the pan.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast