New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    This is according to meralco studies. http://www.meralco.com.ph/brightideas/

I wonder how true is this? Anyone proved this on their own?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually, it used to be that LPG was cheaper... but with the rising price of fuel, it's likely that the equation has reversed... I'd actually like to see their "study" first.... because most studies published online are based on North American electricity, which is cheaper and North American propane, which isn't given the same tax breaks ours are.
    Last edited by niky; July 16th, 2012 at 03:02 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Yeah sure... They'd want you to use more electricity than LPG. They talk like they're the electric company.

Oh wait... they are! :D

Kidding aside, induction cooking definitely wins the efficiency round as far as putting more heat into the food than it is lost in the air. However, it's also known for a fact that electricity in the Philippines is one of the most expensive in the whole of Asia. With that in mind, it is interesting to know what is the actual TCO of using an inductive cooker as opposed to an LPG stove to cook the same food.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    We are about to replace our LPG brand from manila gas to a more popular brand like gasul and shellane, (because of the recent news about m-gas). Then i heard induction is cheaper than gas stove on the radio. But I dont want to switch to induction cooking only to find out its more expensive than lpg, then ill end up with an expensive and unused induction cooker.

But id really want to try it because of how safe they are compared to LPG.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    We are about to replace our LPG brand from manila gas to a more popular brand like gasul and shellane, (because of the recent news about m-gas). Then i heard induction is cheaper than gas stove on the radio. But I dont want to switch to induction cooking only to find out its more expensive than lpg, then ill end up with an expensive and unused induction cooker.

But id really want to try it because of how safe they are compared to LPG.

whats the recent news about m-gas? shellane (now solane) is better yata i think.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    This is according to meralco studies. Meralco | Ang Liwanag ng Bukas

I wonder how true is this? Anyone proved this on their own?

It can be true ONLY IF you were living in another country where electricity rates isn't as expensive as it is in Metro Manila.

Otherwise, using plain LPG is the best. And it still functions in blackouts too. ... try cooking something on an induction stove when the power is out in the middle of a tropical storm.

BTW, induction stoves need induction specific cookware.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    whats the recent news about m-gas? shellane (now solane) is better yata i think.
    nahuli ng TV5 yung refilling station nila sa cavite, pinapatungan ng pintura yung mga kalawang ng tangke para magmukhang bago, tapos mga kulang kulang ang timbang. yung mgas namin ngayon may singaw, papabakal ko na lang to at bibili ng solane.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    It can be true ONLY IF you were living in another country where electricity rates isn't as expensive as it is in Metro Manila.

Otherwise, using plain LPG is the best. And it still functions in blackouts too. ... try cooking something on an induction stove when the power is out in the middle of a tropical storm.

BTW, induction stoves need induction specific cookware.
    thats what i thought too, di naglabas ng details of research ang meralco eh, mukhang internet research lang ginawa nila.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ

thats what i thought too, di naglabas ng details of research ang meralco eh, mukhang internet research lang ginawa nila.
    I think may break even point yan for sure... May point na mas mumura ang kuryente vs electricity.. Ang question lang at what point ( say in terms of hours of cooking ) does it start to be cheaper sa electricity.... May investment kase na cooker and cookware... Di nga basta basta cookware ang uubra sa induction cooker.... But induction cookers prices are also now going down... Ewan ko lang sa cookware kung bumababa na rin...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Cookware just has to have a steel base. You can't use aluminum or teflon-coated pans with a teflon bottom. The only extreme investment is in the cooker itself, but you can get them for not very much.

The free cookware that comes with them, though, is crap.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Induction cookich, cheaper than gas stove?