New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    amp cramming ba sa tips? hahaha

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    steaks are usually marinated in soy sauce and calamansi for 3-4 hours and then put it in the ref not in the freezer. Make sure you sear the outside of the steak to make it juicy,then turn down the heat to cook the inner part slowly.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    kung ordinary steak, salt and pepper lang. if you want to put herbs, try basil and rosemary.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mmm...steak. i'm a big fan of steak, but it's also a lot of fun to cook them and experiment with marinade.

basta for me two things are non-negotiable - they must be grilled and they must marinate overnight.

my secret ingredient for the marinade: balsamic vinegar. hahaluan ko din ng thyme, soy sauce or worcestershire sauce depende sa mood. you can also add chili powder for a more spicy/southwestern type of flavor.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by docpete
    steaks are usually marinated in soy sauce and calamansi for 3-4 hours and then put it in the ref not in the freezer. Make sure you sear the outside of the steak to make it juicy,then turn down the heat to cook the inner part slowly.
    bro ang soy sauce pag fry or grill madali masunog yung skin nya kaya di mo alam na luto na yung loob or hindi kasi sumog na kaagad yung skin

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    pag medyo makapal ung steak, we usually pan fry the outside until crispy, around 2-3 minutes per side siguro. then, to finish it off, we put it in the oven for 30 min - 1 hour.

the idea is that searing, aside from making the outside crispy and golden brown, will seal the outside of the steak, so the juices inside don't escape while it's being cooked. the oven roasting will make sure it's cooked through(this works for pot roast as well)

medyo tricky to know when it's done; kami usually tantsaan lang talaga. pag gusto mo mas hitech, there's this thermometer you can stick into the steak; if a certain temperature is reached, cooked na sya.

one other tip is that you should let the steak "rest" after you take it out of the oven. it will give the juices a chance to redistribute throughout the meat.

for the marinade...i'll leave it to your imagination na lang. pero usually soy sauce/worchestershire sauce + salt + pepper. rosemary gives it a nice sweet aroma

for the poor man's gravy, try making a roux(flour na ginisa sa butter), then add soup made from pork boullions(tama ba spelling?) haven't tried this though, pero it makes sense B)

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Here's what's best for rib eye steak and lots more on grilled option.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Sa akin I don't want too many ingredients on my rib eye. garlic salt and pepper lang. Pan fry in butter and olive oil ayos na. Diba pag rib eye steak yan? Iba pa yung prime rib which is for roasting right?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ginugutom nakoooo

marami pong salamat sa tips!!!!!!!!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    good steak always start w/ good quality & cut meat, of course :D

you can do the marinating if you want. but salt & pepper works fine. basil&rosemary is a nice touch. you can also try rubbing garlic on the meat itself. basta use olive oil for frying (i use a mix of extra virgin & pomace para it doesn't burn easily)...if thin just sear the outside & your done. if thick sear & pop into the oven, poke the meat every now & then to see if its done. up to you if you want rare, medium well or well done.

here's my take on the gravy:on the same pan, using the same oil (or drippings, if baked), add a bit of butter then toss in some garlic (chopped). add some mushrooms if you want. then the secret ingredient = red wine. not too much, just a coupla tablespoons-worth.let the alcohol "seep" out of the mix, then add milk, soy sauce pepper (& basil if you like). simmer. voila! non-commercial-tasting yet delicious gravy. enjoy & merry christmas!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
how do you cook steaks?