New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    i need to treat a family of balikbayans this weekend at gusto daw nila kainan sa dampa. medyo malayo ang macapagal kaya dun ko balak dalhin sa dampa sa ortigas (operational pa ba ito?)...

alam ko naman puntahan metrowalk and malapit lang daw ito dun, pero di ko alam exact location ng dampa ortigas... saan ba ang eksaktong daan papunta at papasok sa compound nito?

dun sa mga nakapunta na, advise na din sa parking at recommended restos na masarap magluto?

TIA

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I am assuming you mean the Dampa at Libis. If not, just ignore this reply.

From Metrowalk turn right on Meralco Avenue.

Turn right on Ortigas Avenue

Go straight till you hit C-5 (Rodriguez Avenue) at which point you turn left.

Go straight but stay on the rightmost lane. Dampa Libis will be on the right side. It is just right before the old Olympic badminton courts. Jollibee at the corner of Greenmeadows Ave/C5 is just across. Actually Dampa is before Jollibee. So when you see Jollibee on the left, better slow down as the next available U-turn (actually the only one) is much, much further down the road.

There is a lot of available parking at the Dampa grounds. For buying, I normally buy from my kababayans (Cagayanos) whose stalls are on the left front side when you are facing the market. For cooking, I normally go with Emperor, although from what I have been told, all the restaurants are now owned by the same group.

Take note, if you order inihaw na isda, it tends to take much longer than the rest. As for the soup, we usually order 1 kilo of ulo ng maya maya (for four guys), have it cooked miso and split into two bowls instead of just one. Otherwise we never get to finish it, given the other stuff we order.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by architect; March 14th, 2009 at 02:49 PM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    i am referring to the Dampa beside metrowalk (behind home depot?)... am not sure lang kung bukas pa ito.. http://guides.clickthecity.com/metro/?p=1113

but in case sarado na ito dampa sa metrowalk, dyan na lang kami punta sa Libis. Thank you very much for the helpful and detailed info..

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    think Elroi is referring to the one at the back of our Ortigas branch just follow our map, its in the same compound as BBPD.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    yes, this is the one i'm referring to... so entrance is julia vargas pala.. thanks a lot for the map..

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    may entrance din sa Ortigas Ave... papasok ka sa Autocamp yata yun.. tapos sa likod non parang may creek.. may bridge.. pag labas mo ayun Dampa na..

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    that's the ortigas home depot compound. The 1st building is the home depot, the dampa is at the back of the 2nd building. Any entrance towards home depot will allow you access towards the 2nd building already. Whether you come in from Julio Vargas, or from Ortigas via the car exchange access.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    thanks guys for all the info... since i've mistakenly posted this here instead of DRIVE TALK under "maps, navigation and directions", might as well post our dining experience there..

dun ako pumasok sa Julia Vargas entrance, gawi ng starbucks. medyo di ko pa nakita at first coz maliit lang pala yung "dampa" dun. i thought parang sa macapagal ang dami ng stalls pero konti lang pala...

papasok mo pa lang may sasalubong na sayo at mag-aalok na sa kanila na kayo magpaluto. we picked the guy (gay pala) from G-squared and he accompanied the ladies to do the marketing. sya na din tigabuhat ng mga pinamili at pwede naman tumawad sa palengke. they bought 1 kilo each of crabs, prawns, squid, tahong and a big lapu-lapu.. we were 7 in the group so tama lang yung dami ng binili..

while cooking, they arranged the plates and all. mabilis naman ang pagkaluto, wala pa yata 30 minutes nakahain na except for the lapu-lapu which is cooked chinese style and the baked tahong.. chili & garlic sauce for the crabs, lemon butter sauce for the prawns and calamares with sweet & sour dippings.. service was fast and efficient plus the cooking was great.. lahat kami di makahinga sa busog.. overall, damage was around 2,500..

we had a nightcap at starbucks after.. parked in front of the legendary bigbert's..

Dampa sa Ortigas directions