New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Have tried Century awhile ago. Mas hindi maalat and thus I prefer it over San Marino...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Naubos yung regular size and chili corned tuna ng San Marino sa Parco sa Q Ave. Bumili ako ng nung maliit na 100 gm size can para matikman pero hindi chili flavored.

I checked the Sodium content of this plain San Marino corned tuna on the nutrition information printed on the label, it says: 72 %. And the serving size is only 56 gms, meaning this small can of 100 grms is about 2 serving size. Obviously, ubos ipang-ulam itong isang maliit na can na ito. So it means isang pasada pa lang nito eh sobra sobra na sodium na boundary nyo for the day.

So warning sa mga mataas ang high blood, hinay-hinay lang mga chong.

Bukas ng umaga ko huhusgahan itong hyped San Marino corned tuna na ito. Pati ako na-intriga eh, hehehe.
    Last edited by ooba99; November 2nd, 2009 at 12:48 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Have tried Century awhile ago. Mas hindi maalat and thus I prefer it over San Marino...
    Sir tidus, I also bought the Century chili corned tuna. I checked the label... Yes, your taste buds are right, mas mababa ang sodium content. The label says 13% only per serving of 56 gms, in contrast to the very high sodium content of San Marino at 72% for the plain and 83% (for the chili variety?) as reported by others.

So sodium content -wise, mas healthy ang Century.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    hmm kaya pala wala akong makitang San Marino corned tuna.. ni blo block pala nang Century.. tsk tsk tsk

The local canned tuna industry is no small fry.

It’s a whopping P6-billion industry and based on reports, about 99 percent is controlled by one company.

This company, the Century Pacific Group, was charged of unfair trade practices before the Department of Trade and Industry for allegedly blocking the entry of Foodsphere’s San Marino Corned Tuna into local supermarkets. The lawyer suing the Century Group is Raymond Fortun.

A monopoly is defined as a situation in which a single company controls all or nearly all of the market for a given type of product or service.

If one controls 99 percent of a product category, is there a monopoly?

They say that Century has been dominating the canned tuna trading for more than three decades now. The group also bought the “Blue Bay” brand from RFM Corp.

According to the Foodsphere camp, the Century group’s market share by way of “bullying” competition.

Observers say there is nothing wrong with having a 99 percent share of the market. The problem lies with how one gets there.

It’s now up for the DTI to look into these allegations. In the end, what is important is that the consumers benefit from any decision that the trade department makes.

nagkalat ang san marino sa makati supermarket, hehe,pero century binilinamin ni misi, natikman na namin san marino

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    yeap, dito din sa sta mesa nagkalat ang san marino. pareho sila ng century corned tuna actually. kakatawa nga magkatabi pa sila, talagang banggaan when we went dun sa grocery our plan talaga is to stock up on canned goods. when it comes to tuna, century ang type namin. pero nagsama na rin kme ng san marino para matikman ito. at un, nasubukan ko na nga ang parehong corned tuna. pero i'd still prefer century over san marino. bakit? mas nasarapan ako. less lansa and the taste is just right. new fave ko na yang corned tuna. mejo lasang corned beef nga, but the tuna is still there sa lasa.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    i tried the hot corned tuna ng century, mas masarap nga siya compared sa san marino. matamis-tamis at maanghang-anghang! pasok sa taste ko

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Isuzoom View Post
    Si Inday or ang tuna?

hahaha

...out of stock ang san marino sobang sikat ngayon ... ill stick wid century for now

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by testament11 View Post
    i tried the hot corned tuna ng century, mas masarap nga siya compared sa san marino. matamis-tamis at maanghang-anghang! pasok sa taste ko

Have tried San Marino Chili Corned Tuna,- ayos!

Now, I've got to try the Century Tuna version for comparison....

8900:painting:

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Isuzoom View Post
    Si Inday or ang tuna?
    parehas :shhh:

sarap talaga igisa ng san marino chilli, this time sweet green peas naman nilagay ko and lots of garlic and onions

check n'yo to:

http://matakaw-ako.com/?p=139

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Corned Tuna:  Is it good?