New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    yeah P175 ata from Sta Rosa. Pag Calamba P214 ata. Kaya I seldom go home to the province because of the Toll rates
    Sa SLEX lang yan.

Kung mag Skyway ka, mas mahal pa

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    Sa SLEX lang yan.

Kung mag Skyway ka, mas mahal pa

Oh yeah. I will not even attempt to pass Skyway anymore

BTT: Pero ang ganda na nga ng Sta Rosa. Mabilis na rin travel time, Makati to Sta Rosa about 30 mins lang pag may laban si Pacquiao

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by marktams86 View Post
    Ika nga, kanya kanya lang. Meron ba mga tsikoteers dito na nasa Canada? Ano ma aadvice niyo sa akin? Medyo hilaw pa kasi talaga mga plano namin, kaya kailangan ko talaga nang advise niyo.
    Isa lang naman ang advice senyo. Pagplanuhing mabuti. Pahinugin ang plano hehehe

Seriously, I need a more concrete reason other than "our government sucks etc etc". At some point the life of every human being, they will feel like their govt sucks. Hindi lang naman sa Pilipinas yan. Pwede din yan mangyari sa mayayamang bansa tulad ng Canada.

Another question? Have you tried your best/given your best effort here and have not achieve any favorable result that is why you want to go abroad?
    Or you just feel money is better abroad?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    I would suggest you rent a house first, get out of your parents house and see if it works out.

A lot of pinoys prioritize getting a house early and breaking their backs to pay the dp and monthly amort.

An astute investor would rather rent, use up the extra to invest and get a big house 10 years down the line.

The Philippine investment scene is hot right now and would be a good time to put money into.

Posted via Tapatalk
    This is a nice suggestion sir. An investor's point of view. I never thought of that. Thanks!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    Isa lang naman ang advice senyo. Pagplanuhing mabuti. Pahinugin ang plano hehehe

Seriously, I need a more concrete reason other than "our government sucks etc etc". At some point the life of every human being, they will feel like their govt sucks. Hindi lang naman sa Pilipinas yan. Pwede din yan mangyari sa mayayamang bansa tulad ng Canada.

Another question? Have you tried your best/given your best effort here and have not achieve any favorable result that is why you want to go abroad?
    and if kasing yaman mo na si shadow or si yebo eh gunggung ka na lang kung magpapakahirap ka pa sa Canada eh!

:D

6. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post

Well, I have been really trying to give my best effort now, iwas na sa bisyo, wala na labas2x at bili2x nang kung ano2x.. I have a stable job din, with my wife earning enough... Feeling ko kasi parang we're never getting out of this rut na isang kahig isang tuka lagi... ngayon nga na nakikitira kami parang ang hirap paano nalang kaya kung makakuha kami nang own house at mag start nang pag aaral yung anak namin. ayoko naman kasi lagi umaasa at makitira sa parents ko.

You're right, I do feel that money, opportunity, benefits is better abroad, if my perception in working abroad holds true.

Ang hirap talaga, people always say to "follow your dreams and focus on that dream", pero parang di ko na alam which dream to pursue eh, Canada or living in our own house.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    You should always keep your options open and see if you can get a visa to Canada despite your apprehension. You also have to take into account that for the most part, tsikot participants are probably in the top 15% of income level here in the Philippines so migration to many will be a step down to their current lifestyle.

As long as you are willing to work hard and put in the sacrifice, anything is achievable in Canada and in the US. It will be tough at first but Filipinos have been migrating for centuries, and many are successful in their chosen endeavors.

The positives about Canada in exchange for a higher tax rate is the quality of life in terms of health insurance and government benefits such as pensions and monetary support for children. My cousin was born and raised in Toronto and his parents got a stipend until he reached the age of 18, although I'm not sure if thats still in effect.

As for child care, that will be tough but its just part of the sacrifice. My advice is to hook up with other fil-canadians and ask for references for good day cares around where you will be staying.

You have plenty of time to think so there's no need to rush. Get your papers in order and then decide when the time is at hand.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    you have to consider everything.. but first thing's first.. try to get our of your parents house.. tama yung suggestion na try to rent muna.. mababang monthly expense compared to getting a house.. ipon ipon lang.. 2 pa pala kayong may work.. so kayang kaya nyo yan.. give a few years.. mag apply ka na din sa canada.. minimum 2years yata waiting dyan.. baka mas matagal na ngayon..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Saka saan industry ba work niyo dito?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok lang naman mag-migrate. the grass will always be greener on the other side of the fence di ba. basta pag dating mo dun don't fall into the trap into which many people who suddenly find themselves in the land of milk and honey fall to. too much credit, too much work, then fail to bestow upon their children the values their own parents so painstakingly instilled in them - hard work, education, etc. and there is also the trap of the "first job". kung ano unang dinatnan na trabaho dun e yun na lang, satisfied na. dating engineer sa pinas tapos pag dating sa abroad e security guard na hangang mag-retire. i have nothing against menial/low paying jobs. basta huwag mo lang bibitawan yung pangarap mo.

nag-try din ako mag-migrate nuon, sa US naman. kaso lang e mababa sweldo na ino-offer sa akin. kaya ko naman pala kitahin sa pagiging ofw ng hindi nagma-migrate so bumalik din ako sa pinas after 3 years looking for a better paying job there. di lang nga natuloy ang balak ko na mag-masters degree dun. no regrets, i met my wife when i went back to pinas so happy ako.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast