New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i discovered i had hypertension when i turned 40. asymptomatic naman.
    been on regular meds since.
    ok naman. controlled.
    pero doc isn't hypertension + diabetes a really bad combination? Add pa the high cholesterol I'm worried for him, of course I want him to reach his 80s

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    pero doc isn't hypertension + diabetes a really bad combination? Add pa the high cholesterol I'm worried for him, of course I want him to reach his 80s
    yes, i playfully call that triumvirate, the "bad gene syndrome".

yes, you're right.
    it IS a slow killer.
    a number of folks with it, relatives included,
    died in their mid-80s.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    yes, i playfully call that triumvirate, the "bad gene syndrome".

yes, you're right.
    it IS a slow killer.
    a number of folks with it, relatives included,
    died in their mid-80s.
    I have bad genes Buti I don't have diabetes

Mid 80s is good enough na doc for someone with the triumvirate

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    kaya it's best to find a lifetime partner while you're still young para healthy and energetic kayo pareho

you can enjoy years of life together without health issues limiting what you wanna do

by the time health issues start limiting what you can do, you already have years of experiences together to look back to

-

kung middle ager ka na at dun ka lang naghahanap ng mapangasawa... anong mahahanap mo

puro may health issues na

if you do marry the fellow middle ager, how many more years of active fun life can you have together before one of you can no longer keep up

ilan taon lang kayo mag asawa kailangan mo na alagaan

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    unless kukuha sya nang mas bata.. mga 30s.. para yun ang mag aalaga sa kanya..

Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    kaya it's best to find a lifetime partner while you're still young para healthy and energetic kayo pareho

you can enjoy years of life together without health issues limiting what you wanna do

by the time health issues start limiting what you can do, you already have years of experiences together to look back to

-

kung middle ager ka na at dun ka lang naghahanap ng mapangasawa... anong mahahanap mo

if you do marry the fellow middle ager, how many more years of active fun life can you have together before one of you can no longer keep up

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I have bad genes Buti I don't have diabetes

Mid 80s is good enough na doc for someone with the triumvirate

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    so who wants to live to 90?
    "ask anyone who's 89." - bob hope.
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; July 19th, 2022 at 11:38 AM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Did anyone here feel the change when they turned 40? White hair? Back aches? Poor eyesight?

My engr friend kasi when he turned 40 lahat daw ng sakit lumabas hahaha! I feel so bad for him. He has hypertension and diabetes then I just found out high cholesterol too! How will he reach 80 yrs old na nyan? He's also getting frequent headaches and acidity. I know the headaches are from the lack of sleep - guilty as charged! I said the acidity could be from stress and he said "from you" hahaha. I destress him kaya!

I think 40 na nga ang official old, like lahat ng abuse mo sa katawan in your youth lalabas ng 40s
    its only the need for reading glasses that i suddenly found i needed when i turned 40.
    i am closing in on the big half century mark and i have the triumvirate of bad genes.
    Found out i was diabetic in my late 20's , high cholesterol and High BP when i was closing in on 40.
    all of which are asymptomatic. and all are normal thanks to efficient control by meds and lifestyle changes.

Been a Prediabetic/diabetic for over two decades na.
    Glycosylated HB (which measures blood sugar over long periods) is usually normal with occasional mild bumps due to inactivity (Covid lockdown and sports injuries).
    Best medicine for Diabetics is Exercise, Exercise and EXERCISE!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post

-

Parang ganyan kami ni misis. We were high school classmates, got married at an early age (syempre after graduating college), had 2 kids, mag graduate na panganay sa college this year. Mid-40s palang kami and wala na kami inaalalang maliliit na bata aside sa isang special namin na anak who can actually take care of himself even if we're away. The 2 of us travel together a few times a year, we also travel separately with our separate groups of friends. Labas ako with friends, labas din sya with her friends, several times a month. Walang bawalan. We buy our own things without the need for the other's approval. And I hope we can still travel together until we're 60s.

Both of us have some sort of maintenance meds na. But luckily hindi kami diabetic. Which is mas delikado vs cholesterol. Above normal cholesterol and triglycerides namin. Nacocontrol naman with meds and exercise.
    Signature

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Parang ganyan kami ni misis. We were high school classmates, got married at an early age (syempre after graduating college), had 2 kids, mag graduate na panganay sa college this year. Mid-40s palang kami and wala na kami inaalalang maliliit na bata aside sa isang special namin na anak who can actually take care of himself even if we're away. The 2 of us travel together a few times a year, we also travel separately with our separate groups of friends. Labas ako with friends, labas din sya with her friends, several times a month. Walang bawalan. We buy our own things without the need for the other's approval. And I hope we can still travel together until we're 60s.

Both of us have some sort of maintenance meds na. But luckily hindi kami diabetic. Which is mas delikado vs cholesterol. Above normal cholesterol and triglycerides namin. Nacocontrol naman with meds and exercise.
    looking back it's a good decision to get married early diba?

nagkaanak kayo at the prime of your life lots of energy to raise kids

now your kids are grown up and you're both still healthy to enjoy life

imagine kung ngayon ka palang naghahanap ng mapangasawa

nakakapagod isipin

50s ka na and your first kid is in kinder

how old will you be when your kid is graduating from college
    Last edited by uls; July 19th, 2022 at 04:11 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    unless kukuha sya nang mas bata.. mga 30s.. para yun ang mag aalaga sa kanya..
    not necessarily kasi usually mas maaga mamatay or magkasakit lalaki. I have one Aunt who is older than her husband. Guess kung sino ang nagaalaga at mas malakas? It's still my Aunt.

so who wants to live to 90?
    "ask anyone who's 89." - bob hope.
    heh heh.
    My 95 year old Lola, ang dami pang plans sa buhay. I guess as long as you are healthy and strong, you'd still want to live for as long as you can. Lola ko kasi physically independent, doesn't use a wheel chair or diapers and takes care of the family's finances.

Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    its only the need for reading glasses that i suddenly found i needed when i turned 40.
    i am closing in on the big half century mark and i have the triumvirate of bad genes.
    Found out i was diabetic in my late 20's , high cholesterol and High BP when i was closing in on 40.
    all of which are asymptomatic. and all are normal thanks to efficient control by meds and lifestyle changes.

Been a Prediabetic/diabetic for over two decades na.
    Glycosylated HB (which measures blood sugar over long periods) is usually normal with occasional mild bumps due to inactivity (Covid lockdown and sports injuries).
    Best medicine for Diabetics is Exercise, Exercise and EXERCISE!
    kami nga ng friends ko 30s when our eyes began to deteriorate. It began kasi when I noticed na I can't read ingredients in labels anymore. One time I was reading labels sa supplements at kailangan ko ilayo yung bottle then my friend said he is the same na rin. I asked when it started and he said recent but he was mid 30s, ako late 30s I even went to my Optha and he asked me my age and he said it will correct daw in my mid 40s or something?

Wow aga mo naging diabetic! My brother was in his mid 20s e he's normal weight and active naman Hindi ba natatanggal ang diabetes meds kasi I belong to the keto group and several of them were taken off meds na for hypertension and diabetes

Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Naasar nga ko sa cardio ko kasi nasa borderline lang cholesterol ko and he gave me meds. I asked him if I can NOT take meds and I will diet, exercise and lose weight and he said NONE of that will help me. Dad ko super healthy lifestyle and active pero 30s nagstart na ng maintenance. I find it unfair nga ang daming pabaya sa katawan pero mga walang sakit while my Dad na super healthy living, walang bisyo, exercise, sleeps early e ang aga nagkasakit

life begins at 40