New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    parenting is a shared responsibility...it really depends on the financial capability of the young family...if a wife is made to stay at home, then there is this seeming added pressure on the part of the husband to earn some more which can be translated to him spending more time in the office or away from home...

my mother was a full time housewife...overtime, the same became an irritating chore but she found it difficult to integrate herself in the mainstream coz full time parenting deprived her of any socials...i salute my late mother for the sacrifices she made but i am always wishing she could have left something for herself...

let's digress:

My mother, during her last few years, i became so busy in school, so i got no chance to talk to her, but she told me to carry on...just a few days after i took my oath, even before i returned home, she died...

now, i have mixed thoughts but i am eternally grateful for the discipline (its harshnes being tempered with love)...i know she's happy up there....my father who had been so used to seeing her in the house, followed 8 months later...

for all their sacrifices, bawi na daw ako for making them proud...i am just wishing na sana they have lived longer, i could have brought them to great places...wishful thinking na lang...

i have fond memories of her, i.e. chicken soup when i have fever; adobong pusit, tinolang panga, and pochero whenever i have final exams and keeping these foods warm; giving me hot water for my eating utensils...just keeping me company during my late night dinner at home...praying me over when i couldn't pray...understanding my mood swings whenever i have dysmenorrhea....and many more...

can i do all those while complying with my socio-civic and personal obligations? hmmmm...let's see...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    if i get married, i wouldn't mind letting her do her share of financing as long as we could properly raise the kids and still keep intimacy at optimal levels
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

For me, I would encourage my wife to work and pursue her ambitions. I want her to be as independent as she can be. DI(WK) is definitely an advantage these days... Of course, we should share the house chores and taking care of the kids. Parenting is a big challenge indeed!

7000:diver:

well said po, Sir...

but when wife starts to rake in the most money to the conjugal coffer, hubby tends to be consumed by his self-generated jitters...bakit po?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ab_initio View Post
    but when wife starts to rake in the most money to the conjugal coffer, hubby tends to be consumed by his self-generated jitters...bakit po?
    It's because of the traditional perception that men are the breadwinners of the household, to the point that when someone else in the family manages to contribute more to domestic finances, male pride can make the head of the family feel that his position is being compromised.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i have an observation...

pansin ko madami na mga lalake sa society natin ayaw magtrabaho

puhunan nila ang abilidad nila manligaw hehe

nagpapa-in love sila ng mga girls na may work or business,

then they live off the girls' money

haha

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    It's because of the traditional perception that men are the breadwinners of the household, to the point that when someone else in the family manages to contribute more to domestic finances, male pride can make the head of the family feel that his position is being compromised.

at a certain point humans just become victims of two standards set by the society...is this allowing one to be confined in a pigeonhole when there is a vast field under the sun?

how to calm a nervous partner? any tips?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    same here, i would (and i am) letting my wife explore everything. after all that is what she went to school for.

she has been working for the past 16 years, and we are able to take care of our kid properly. shared responsibility kasi talaga yan.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    i have an observation...

pansin ko madami na mga lalake sa society natin ayaw magtrabaho

puhunan nila ang abilidad nila manligaw hehe

nagpapa-in love sila ng mga girls na may work or business,

then they live off the girls' money

haha
    You know, that's why I married rich.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ab_initio View Post

at a certain point humans just become victims of two standards set by the society...is this allowing one to be confined in a pigeonhole when there is a vast field under the sun?

how to calm a nervous partner? any tips?
    When you get a raise, don't tell him. Instead, get that LV you've always wanted.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    If my wife is a college... make her St. Scholastica's!

seriously, latin honors or not, if the wife wants to pursue a career, she must be free to do so as long as the kids are not to be neglected, naayos yan between the mag-asawa. . .
    personally, i find working moms ***ier

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
A housewife or a workingwife