New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i don't know about you guys, but i didn't grow up with anything like South Park or Family Guy...but by the age of 14, ubod ng bastos pa rin ako :evillaugh

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Cartoons that aren't really made for children..

Family Guy
    South Park
    Striperella
    Futurama..

:D

Those are the cartoon dvds i have on my top shelf, so the kids couldnt reach it. Dont get me wrong, these shows are full of nonsense but are very very entertaining.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    family guy hindi talaga pambata... pero i still love that show aside from american dad, and south park.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by baiskee View Post

sa mga parents and guardians, are you aware of this cartoon show?

lately lang ako nakapanood ng buo, di pala sya pambata...

i was really shocked, tapos ang nakakapanood nito mga bata...may advisory nga na PG14, pero yung mga pinsan ng wife ko (ages 9, 12, 13) at may sariling dvd ha.

sa tingin ko hinde alam ng parents nila kung ano pinapanood ng mga anak nila.
    bad influence to para sa mga bata, ang hirap pa naman pag sobra busy magulang sa kakatrabaho...minsan nawawala na rin ng time sa mga bata.

i hope we find time to screen what our children are watching...hinde porket cartoons, pambata na.

advisory lang po.

di ba?
    naks kaw ba yan bai?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I guess so long as kids don't mimic the behavior in these adult cartoons, it's ok for them to watch.

Right now, my daughter's into the Disney Channel, Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, and Pokemon.

Still, it's surprising to see how many people have "D'oh!" in their vocabulary, including me.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    ...ok naman Family Guy, American Dad, Simpsons for adults -- though i find Family Guy and American Dad a bit crass for my taste. Mas tasteful naman ung Simpsons humor kahit papano.

Lalo na ung Drawn Together, nakakasuka na minsan panoorin. Adult Swim can be a bit crass too, pero ok ung Harvey Birdman, Attorney At Law. i hope they don't plan on reviving the cartoon series they've shown in Adult Swim, i don't think anyone will look at them the same B)
    I agree - Simpsons I can laugh at (can't blame me, grew up with it in the nineties, hehehe), Family Guy and American Dad being a bit rough at times, especially American Dad.

One cartoon show I watch regularly on JackTV is King of the Hill. The subject matter is on the adult side but I admire how Hank Hill makes it a point to always be prudent and work things out the best way his conscience says so.

By the way, all of these (Simpsons, American Dad, Family Guy, and King of the Hill) are from NewsCorp/FOX?

P.S. In the seventies, I believe the pioneer in these types of shows was "Wait till your Father Gets Home"

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm more annoyed with Nickelodeon/Disney shows that won't stop saying "stupid" "idiot" "moron" "dork" "jerk" etc... coz those channels are for the below 10 crowd.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    I'm more annoyed with Nickelodeon/Disney shows that won't stop saying "stupid" "idiot" "moron" "dork" "jerk" etc... coz those channels are for the below 10 crowd.
    Actually, I'd expect those more from Nickelodeon, with its 'smart-alecky' image, than from Disney's nauseating wholesomeness.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Unfortunately, Disney has tons of those crap as well. Even from cartoons (not just teeny bopper shows).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Family Guy: Not suitable for kids