New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    ^
    Yup that's right. Treat them like family. Because they are. When we go out to eat or shop we make it a point to get them what they want as well. Treat them to the movies once in a while.

I even try to teach them how to manage their finances so at least they can put up a small store or something when the time to leave comes.

What frustrates me is when someone gets pregnant or family members drag then down so much they become almost impossible to help.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    one of our househelp before twice a month day off tapos pag monday hinde babalik at mag stay sa house ng relative niya sasabihin nilalagnat or masama pakiramadan, after 6 months nung last day off hinde na bumalik samin at nalaman laman namen from another househelp na kapit bahay namen is ang balita nabuntis daw. I pity them because since dumating siya sa bahay namen lagi siya pinapaalalahanan ng mom ko na wag magpapabuntis para maiahon niya muna sa hirap ang parents niya sa province, and yun pinag work-an niya before may mga kasama siya dun na nabuntis din ng wala sa oras kaya uwi sa province, tapos yun pala ganun din kapalaran niya. tigas din ng ulo ng mga yun tapos madami din mga p**boy na dudung wlang inatupag kung hinde mag kalat ng lahi.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    So used to HELPless yankee-living. It's really not that difficult. You get to do things the right way(your way). Keeps one fit. Less to feed....& hobo.[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    We haven't had house help for several years now, ever since my siblings became teenagers. We have our own chores, we cook our own food and do our own laundry. Every other week we hire a cleaner just to tidy up the house.

But I can imagine that for other family setups (especially with kids), sobrang laking ginhawa ng may katulong. If you think about it, sobrang mura ng labor to get so much menial house chores done. You free up time which allows you to earn way more than what you pay your house help.

It's like any business in the Philippines - take advantage of the lower wage rates to get higher productivity per peso. Since you can wake up 2 hours later because you don't have to cook baon and iron clothes for the kids before they go to school, you have higher quality of life and are more energized for work or exercise. Since you don't have to sweep the floor, wash dishes, or do the laundry, you have more time on the weekends to spend with the kids. It's basically outsourcing the menial stuff to do the more meaningful stuff. First world countries can't do it because labor is so expensive.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ako I dont subscribed to "treat them like a family" at the end of the day they're still are not.

It's a employee/employees relationship. Nothing more nothing less. Basta you don't maltreat them, pay them the correct and fair wages plus all the benefits. That's all to it. If they want to leave for whatever reason, just let us know in advance Para makahanap ng kapalit. It's their lives and they can do whatever them want with it.

Basta they do their job well and I don't expect anything more from them.

But pag meron ginawang kapalpakan and na sabihan na ginawa ulit, It's also easy for us to fire them.

Pag meron nasirang gamit or whatever, I'm not strict on that...a previous maid killed my arowana which alaga ko ng for less than 10 years and bought for 100k during that time. Tinamad maglagay ng Anti chlorine nun nagpalit ng tubig. Was disappointed but not angry and she was never fired. I try to understand them as much as I can. Huwag lang mag nakaw

Ang ginagawa namin is hinihiwalay namin yun trabaho nila by area para pag meron palpak walang turuan. Iba naglilinis sa second floor, iba sa first floor and so on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by shadow; June 11th, 2018 at 10:06 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    We haven't had house help for several years now, ever since my siblings became teenagers. We have our own chores, we cook our own food and do our own laundry. Every other week we hire a cleaner just to tidy up the house.

But I can imagine that for other family setups (especially with kids), sobrang laking ginhawa ng may katulong. If you think about it, sobrang mura ng labor to get so much menial house chores done. You free up time which allows you to earn way more than what you pay your house help.

It's like any business in the Philippines - take advantage of the lower wage rates to get higher productivity per peso. Since you can wake up 2 hours later because you don't have to cook baon and iron clothes for the kids before they go to school, you have higher quality of life and are more energized for work or exercise. Since you don't have to sweep the floor, wash dishes, or do the laundry, you have more time on the weekends to spend with the kids. It's basically outsourcing the menial stuff to do the more meaningful stuff. First world countries can't do it because labor is so expensive.

True. I grew up under the watch & wings of my grandpop/mom & Help while parents toiled. We temporarily adopted a cousin from infancy til she was ready to go back to the US to start school. She's the lil sis we miss much.
    We should be grateful to still have Help available & affordable here. It's TRUST that's getting harder to come by....the one core ingredient we all need in our homes. We oftentimes find ouselves bending over with hopes to earn it. That's how precious...As without trust? I'd rather have no Help.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    [QUOTE=Sheep;1497552]hi im just curious if im not paying too much or too little to our maid...
    need your inputs, lets compare notes

i have a baby sitter her rate is 6,000/month, once a month overnight day - off

an all around maid 3500/month her duty is just to make sure house is spiffy clean.... i do the cooking.

any violent reactions?

Mas mahirap mg alaga ng baby kesa mg linis ng bahay. Imao😂

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [QUOTE=me_atan;2975300]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    hi im just curious if im not paying too much or too little to our maid...
    need your inputs, lets compare notes

i have a baby sitter her rate is 6,000/month, once a month overnight day - off

an all around maid 3500/month her duty is just to make sure house is spiffy clean.... i do the cooking.

any violent reactions?

Mas mahirap mg alaga ng baby kesa mg linis ng bahay. Imao[emoji23]
    Mababa...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    [QUOTE=shadow;2975314]
    Quote Originally Posted by me_atan View Post

Mababa...

true! parang tinipid. baka umalis. hirap mag hanap ng good help.

FOCUS

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Ako I dont subscribed to "treat them like a family" at the end of the day they're still are not.

It's a employee/employees relationship. Nothing more nothing less. Basta you don't maltreat them, pay them the correct and fair wages plus all the benefits. That's all to it. If they want to leave for whatever reason, just let us know in advance Para makahanap ng kapalit. It's their lives and they can do whatever them want with it.

Basta they do their job well and I don't expect anything more from them.

But pag meron ginawang kapalpakan and na sabihan na ginawa ulit, It's also easy for us to fire them.

Pag meron nasirang gamit or whatever, I'm not strict on that...a previous maid killed my arowana which alaga ko ng for less than 10 years and bought for 100k during that time. Tinamad maglagay ng Anti chlorine nun nagpalit ng tubig. Was disappointed but not angry and she was never fired. I try to understand them as much as I can. Huwag lang mag nakaw

Ang ginagawa namin is hinihiwalay namin yun trabaho nila by area para pag meron palpak walang turuan. Iba naglilinis sa second floor, iba sa first floor and so on.

Wala ba kayong maid or driver na forever na sa inyo? I think we are the last generation to have helpers that stay with us all their lives. Pag ganyan na case, that's definitely family.

Nag aaway kami ng Mommy ko sa ganyan kasi sa kanya helpers are just employees. I'm the opposite because I treat them like family. I rarely get mad at help at home. May ni refer nga yung Tita ko na maid, ayaw naman ng Mommy ko because she is so paranoid about helpers nowadays. Hiwalay naman yung tulugan ng maid namin sa main house. And I find it so appalling that she even wants to lock up the groceries if a new maid comes in (we stock up a lot kasi) WTH? May kilala kasi kami na yung helper nila unti unti bumabawas sa grocery tapos inuuwi sa family. But still, I think it's so rude to do that. Sometimes my Mom disappoints me. Yung Dad ko talaga ang SOBRA sa bait. Mom ko minsan may not so good traits

Pero nagkamali ako dun sa driver namin dati kasi matapos mangutang, hindi na nagbayad Pero ka FB ko asawa at mga anak niya (I think he deleted his FB) They go on outings etc. Ano ba naman yung magbayad ng P500 monthly? Kahit abutin pa siya ng 5 taon. We lent them enough money para hindi maremata yung bahay nila at pag nagpapa box yung Auntie ko meron din sila mga regalo. I am very disappointed in him
    Last edited by _Cathy_; June 11th, 2018 at 12:27 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    What's a good rate pag Mon to Friday. Luto lang at hugas pinggan ang gagawin. Hirap maghanap ng stay in.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
average rate of maid and babysitter salary