New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    I dunno if this has been further amended. You may google through the amendment, if there's any:

AN ACT INCREASING THE MINIMUM WAGE OF HOUSEHELPERS, AMENDING FOR THE PURPOSE ARTICLE 143 OF PRESIDENTIAL DEGREE NO. 442, AS AMENDED.

REPUBLIC ACT NO. 7655
    AN ACT INCREASING THE MINIMUM WAGE OF HOUSEHELPERS, AMENDING FOR THE PURPOSE ARTICLE 143 OF PRESIDENTIAL DEGREE NO. 442, AS AMENDED.

Section 1.*Subparagraphs (1), (2) and (3), Article 143 of Presidential Decree No. 442, as amended, otherwise known as the "Labor Code of the Philippines" are hereby amended to read as follows:*chan robles virtual law library
    "ART. 143.*Minimum wage. — (a) Househelpers shall be paid the following minimum wage rates;*
    chan robles virtual law library
    (1)*Eight hundred pesos (P800.00) a month for househelpers in Manila, Quezon, Pasay and Caloocan cities and municipalities of Makati, San Juan, Mandaluyong, Muntinlupa, Navotas, Malabon, Parañaque, Las Piñas, Pasig, Marikina, Valenzuela, Taguig and Pateros in Metro Manila and in highly urbanized cities;*
    (2)*Six hundred fifty pesos (P650.00) a month for those in other chartered cities and first class municipalities; and*

(3)*Five hundred fifty pesos (P550.00) a month for those in other municipalities;

Provided, That the employees shall review the employment contracts of their househelpers every three (3) years with the end in view of improving the terms and conditions thereof.*

Provided, further, That those househelpers who are receiving at least One thousand pesos (P1,000.00) shall be covered by the Social Security System (SSS) and be entitled to all the benefits provided thereunder."chan robles virtual law library

Sec. 2.*Any violation of any provision of this Act shall be punished with an imprisonment of not more than three (3) months or a fine of not more than Two thousand pesos (P2,000.00) or both, at the discretion of the court.*
    chan robles virtual law library
    Sec.* 3.*Any law, executive order, letter of instruction, or any part thereof, which is inconsistent with any of the provisions of this Act is hereby repealed or amended accordingly.*
    Sec. 4.*This Act shall take effect fifteen (15) days after its publication in the Official Gazette or in at least two (2) national newspapers of general circulation, whichever comes earlier.*chan robles virtual law library

Approved: August 19, 1993

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    You may also read the implementing rules and regulations of the Labor Code for guidance on conditions of employment.

Just dont hire a minor.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    to all that replied thanks

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa maids namin one is 4k/month the other 2 received 3k/a month my question is do you deduct yun SSS contribution or you just shoulder the whole contribution?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    sa maids namin one is 4k/month the other 2 received 3k/a month my question is do you deduct yun SSS contribution or you just shoulder the whole contribution?
    in our case, we shoulder all the SSS contribution on top of her salary.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    nice responses.

sa province kami eh, yung yaya namin gets 2k/mo. all she has to do was to look after our 17 mo.old son. kapag wala kaming pasok (both of us are working), wala din siyang pasok. we personally take care of our baby's things (bottles, clothes ironing and laundry, etc). tapos, whenever we do our grocery, my wife sets aside a separate bag for them with their basic essentials. she's fixed with an 8am-5pm schedule, monday to friday only. medyo malikot lang anak ko pero he just sleeps in the afterrnoon. yung labandera cum plantsadora namin gets 2.8k/mo.

i think its fair enough. what do you think guys?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bakit parang biglang naging concern ang mga tsikoters sa mga pa sweldo sa mga maids?

more questions from me, do you give increases annually and how much?
    Last edited by shadow; June 21st, 2010 at 01:24 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    here's the schedule of contribution:
    http://www.sss.gov.ph/sss/index2.jsp...&cat=2&pg=null

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    bakit parang biglang naging concern ang mga tsikoters sa mga pa sweldo sa mga maids?

more questions from me, do you give increases annually and how much?
    RA 7655 answers that.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    hi im just curious if im not paying too much or too little to our maid...
    need your inputs, lets compare notes

i have a baby sitter her rate is 6,000/month, once a month overnight day - off

an all around maid 3500/month her duty is just to make sure house is spiffy clean.... i do the cooking.

any violent reactions?
    ok lang yan sis.. kung paglilinis lang yung ginagawa ng maid niyo, sa iba nga all around pati baby sitting around 3000/month..

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
average rate of maid and babysitter salary