1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    calcite

i guess dalawa ang sagot.
    either drain or fill up.

up to you

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    charge to kiper. hehe take note: diesels burn fuel with the use compression. gasoline is burned with the use of spark plugs. this means that diesels have lower boiling/burning points as compared to gasolines. food for thought. hehe

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Still haven't decided on whether to drain or just use the fuel.

Like Ungas said, the ratio is very small. The tank was almost full when I put in the gasoline so the ratio was probably about 1:100. And there was no noticeable difference.

Haven't used the vehicle much since. I worked on it yesterday (added silicon oil to the fan clutch) and idled the engine for 30 minutes afterwards - no noticeable difference.

Maybe i will just use up all the fuel and if the valves gets damaged, I'll do a head job. That way I can also inspect the engine internals and get to repair the engine properly. Yun nga lang sayang din ang money if i can avoid it.

I was already considering a head job since the engine overheats in traffic (idling for 20 minutes with the aircon on) but traffic is rare here in Mindanao. If the repair of the fan clutch works, I wont need to do that.

I'll decide this afternoon after work.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Diesel engines can tolerate some amount of gasoline in its system. If you only put in a very small amount, just continously fill up your tank so as to dilute it to a negligible concentration.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Im sharing this for all readers.

this morning lang, went to my suki shell station to refuel my isuzu dmax, full tank because my fuel gauge needle is nearly touching the last line est about 15 liters left in my tank

went to my usual/favorite pump. saw familiar faces then said to the familiar looking gas-boy "diesel puno" then looked away to get my credit card.

then to my horror he was filling it up with unleaded gas. (pump has both unleaded and diesel nozzles)

told him to stop immediately. and turned of the engine. about 7 liters was put in my tank.

bad thing, engine was idling during this incident.

had them dilute the fuel with additional diesel but i still did not drive off till the tank was drained of the contaminated fuel.

i was about to have the station mechanic drain my tank but. called my isuzu dealer and they advised they should be the ones to do it since the Dmax has NO DRAINPLUG sa fueltank daw. and if the mechanic will do other things, it might invalidate my warranty.

the gas station manager was trying hard to let them do the draining. i told them i do not want to invalidate the warranty. then he said if i want i done at isuzu it will be at my expense. i replied the i already reported this to Shell HQ hotline. Since he is not cooperating with me to correct their negligence. I am i regular customer. i drive a isuzu pickup, i have 2 stickers inside the gas door panel indicating DIESEL. how can anyone miss i use Diesel only. so negligent. so P%^!A I#a nila

Shell HQ so far is coordinating with me.

now my dmax is at isuzu pasig for fueltank pulldown, change fuel filter and for observation. they said stuff like its injection pump is unrepairable and other bad effects of using contaminated fuel. atleast 2000php for the service. plus the towing.

ruined my day. incurred un necessary expenses and lost oppurtunities. im into trading and had an appointments with clients scheduled for the day.

Lesson: be vigilant when refueling; observe them until they put the correct nozzle in youor vehicle.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    7 litres is a lot.

keep us updated to what shell HQ will do.

7. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    grabe yan ah, saan po ang location ng suking shell station mo na yan ?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    suki dati

i find their service adequate and its along my usual route.

marikina, a.bonifacio ave

dito coz im sure wala baha dito (safe against water contamination). and may free tire black pa sila.

just bad luck.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No drain plug on the fuel tank? That has got to be one of the stupidest design ideas out there.

Good luck with your truck. Sana maayos without much more fuss.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    isuzu Dmax. its on the same vehicle with the ecu under the driver's seat. even so.

we bought it naman coz for a utility vehicle its feature rich to carry itself well for years to come. were happy with the choice

and with complete safety devices (advantage of dual airbags over the trooper) even at its price it seems a good buy.

we drive it like a car, but we haul plenty of stuff with it (as much as 500kgs at times) and go to bad roads in the provinces. but no off-roading.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Yikes! I put some gasoline on my diesel engine