New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Just curious. Does Revive cleaning also clean the MAF sensor? Do you use it in your Grabcars?

Sent from my SM-G965N using Tapatalk
    Nope, because they spray the thing after the MAF.

But it would clean even your turbocharger... Technically... But how could we check?

Clean the MAF yourself using ang electronic spray cleaner or a contact cleaner (P180)

I just tried it once, smoke emission improved, torque improved.

Is it worth the P8k? Not

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SidCoronel View Post
    Nope, because they spray the thing after the MAF.

But it would clean even your turbocharger... Technically... But how could we check?

Clean the MAF yourself using ang electronic spray cleaner or a contact cleaner (P180)

I just tried it once, smoke emission improved, torque improved.

Is it worth the P8k? Not
    I had the Revive treatment done for three of our cars. Big improvement noted on performance of the 97 Granvia and 2010 Carnival. On the 2007 Santa Fe, not so much. Did not notice any improvement in FC in all of them.

Where did you have it done for 8k? Central Diesel did it for me for only 5500.

Hmm... I should probably learn how to clean the MAF then. When should the MAF sensor be cleaned? Any specific cleaner that you might recommend?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I had the Revive treatment done for three of our cars. Big improvement noted on performance of the 97 Granvia and 2010 Carnival. On the 2007 Santa Fe, not so much. Did not notice any improvement in FC in all of them.

Where did you have it done for 8k? Central Diesel did it for me for only 5500.

Hmm... I should probably learn how to clean the MAF then. When should the MAF sensor be cleaned? Any specific cleaner that you might recommend?

My memory could have failed me on the 8k hehehe.

Use CRC MAF cleaner, they're on sale at Handyman last month. It cleans better and dries faster than contact or electronic cleaners in my experience.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Wala kasing CRC MAF Sensor Cleaner, and I have been scouting around for more than 2 weeks, so I bought a Johnsen's mass air flow sensor cleaner, ok rin ba ito?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    Wala kasing CRC MAF Sensor Cleaner, and I have been scouting around for more than 2 weeks, so I bought a Johnsen's mass air flow sensor cleaner, ok rin ba ito?
    Sorry, Ive no experience with that brand. You said it's MAF cleaner so it should be alright.

I even use contact and electronic cleaners when I don't have CRC's.

May be you can share your experience with it here?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    kailangan i-disconnect ang battery kapag naglilinis ng maf sensor?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Cleaned my car's maf sensor over the weekend.

img_20240408_132534.jpg

Sent from my RMX3690 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    kailangan i-disconnect ang battery kapag naglilinis ng maf sensor?
    You are dealing with electronics so yes.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    My Toyota Fortuner model 2016 manual does not show when to clean the MAF sensor. So, when is it time to do the cleaning? What are its benefits?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345