New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    CRDi - Common Rail Direct Injection
    (history: 1994 Fiat Group collaborated with R. Bosch to enhance and complete injection systems for diesel engines -outcome: CRDi)

Ito ang bragging nila noon ng sumikat yun ng 2005 compared to conventional diesel engine:

>>> 30% more powerful

>>> 70% more torque ..... (aha!!)

>>> Lower fuel consumption 30-35% more mileage..... (24km/L daw CRDi)

>>> High fuel effeciency

>>> Improvement in drive quality (malabo 'to)

>>> Far quieter due to its hydraulic accumulator or "rail" that reduced noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) and i qoute "more than matches that of a gasoline engine".

bottom line: ITS FAST, QUIET AND ECONOMICAL

well, is this so????..after sometime in the road now dito sa atin??

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    sabi CDRi is in latest BMW models na?... eh naunahan na sya ng Mbenz na halos panabayan ng japs at Kors cars.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's definitely not more powerful. Look at the engines of the new Pajero (4M41) and Patrol (ZD30). The power and torque output did not improve when both engines were equipped with CRDi.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    It's definitely not more powerful. Look at the engines of the new Pajero (4M41) and Patrol (ZD30). The power and torque output did not improve when both engines were equipped with CRDi.
    I think that was because they already had direct injection to begin with, hindi nga lang common rail. The 4M41 has been going under the Di-D badge since the launch of the Gen3 pajero some 8 years ago.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dbuzz View Post
    sabi CDRi is in latest BMW models na?... eh naunahan na sya ng Mbenz na halos panabayan ng japs at Kors cars.
    BMWs & MBs have been equipped with CRDi engines for quite sometime now, especially that their customer base in Europe has a great demand for diesel engines.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Yes the CRDi lives up to its promises. The improved NVH to me makes a world of difference from the first-generation diesel engines. Driving our workhorses of yesteryear (Nissan Pick-up and Isuzu Highlander) got me easily tired due to the diesel clatter and vibrations. 'Liter for liter', the CRDi engine rocks!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You can't base it on just one or two engine models. Look at the 4D56... it's gained a lot of power through the use of CRDi... the DiD version is pretty good, while the Hyundai CRDi version is even better.

In my experience CRDi engines are much quieter and smoother, with a better "pull" through the rev range than previous iterations of diesel. They're definitely more powerful, pound for pound, than older generation turbodiesels of the same displacement... yes, you can tune an older diesel for the same power, but driveability will suffer, and it still won't be as revvy as the CRDi.

As for fuel economy... that depends. Use more power, use more fuel... the Innova's D4D only gets around the same economy as the Crosswind's 4JA1... it does make 15-20 more horses and it definitely runs smoother, but that's disappointing. The Fortuner 3.0 D4D drinks like a sailor when you put the pedal to the floor, too.

The Hyundai Starex CRDi engine drinks less than the turbodiesel before it, but it's not spectacular.

But I guess this all depends on driving style and the specific engine-car combination we're talking about... the Accent, from dealership feedback from owners, gets 25 km/l in mixed everyday use. That's nowhere near C!'s 38.8 km/l, but it's still damn good...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's also worth mentioning that the more precise fuel delivery afforded by CRDi is also a factor in lessening emissions.

Of course if you used crappy fuel or neglected maintenance, that's another story. But all things being equal, present CRDi engines are designed to meet a stricter set of emissions regulations than their ancestors.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    mabilis at tahimik pero sa durability at life-span medyo questionable pa.
    sigurado mahal ang repair and maintenance.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
CRDi does it really live-up to its expectation?..mula inilabas yun??