New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I believe the CRDi will, as I also believe car engineers and manufacturers around the world will continue to improve it.

We did not have any diesel-engined car for more than a decade (the last one we had was the Mazda B2200), and it is just this year that we got a Santa Fe CRDi. It really changed my perception of diesel engines nowadays, and I'm pretty happy with the performance.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    From my experience with CRDi engines.....

BMW Diesel: 220 HP 500 NM torque from a stock 3 liter CRDi Diesel - 240 ++ kph top speed and acceleration to the century mark in a consistent 7 seconds (though with all the torque smashing you against the seats it somehow feels faster). My FC in City driving during heavy heavy traffic is 7 km/l. In terms of tuning, I recently got the chip / harness to upgrade it to 275 HP and 630 NM torque (26% increase from a $300 product) and will be installing it over the weekend ( http://www.chiptuningdirect.com ). It's a super engine and has made me a firm believer in CRDi technology. And my diesel engine isnt even the newest iteration from the Bavarian company as they already have a twin-turbo version of my engine which is even more powerful and drivable.

Other examples which you can read about on the board are the fabulous Hyundai CRDi engines of the Sta. Fe and the Vera Cruz, the CRDi of the Getz and Accent. The Ford CRDi Duratorq engine in the new Ranger / Everest is also a gem.
    Hey! Bring it over to Speedlab and have it dyno-tested... before and after... I'd like to know how that thing works out. We're getting a Santa Fe soon, and I'm looking into some chip-tuning options for it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Crdi's are definitely more smoother, quieter and torquey than previous generation diesel engines. Take the new 2007 Dmax CrDi for example. We had the older model and there was diesel shudder all over. But with the 2007 model with the iteq engine, you can really notice the difference. Also the same with the 4D56 of the new Strada compared to the 4D56 of yesteryears.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Nope... a customer. You could do it there, at autotechnika, at autoplus, or wherever... I just want to know how much it'll give... burning curiosity, eh...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Hey! Bring it over to Speedlab and have it dyno-tested... before and after... I'd like to know how that thing works out. We're getting a Santa Fe soon, and I'm looking into some chip-tuning options for it.
    Dyno-test? What does it do? Can somebody enlighten me briefly?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    It's definitely not more powerful. Look at the engines of the new Pajero (4M41) and Patrol (ZD30). The power and torque output did not improve when both engines were equipped with CRDi.
    But those are ancient engines.

CRDi engines are best built from the ground up, not just modded.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    from 2k2 - 2k6:

1. i drove a 2.0L 1st gen CRV 4WD M/T - gas guzzler na siya para sakin at 5km/liter

2. i drove a 2.2L 2nd gen Strada 4x4 M/T - thrifty sa fuel pero parang tangke naman sa bigat i-drive. nanakit ang likod after a 1 hour bumper to bumper rush-hour traffic. hindi ko na kelangan mag-gym sa hirap eh

=====

then came the CRDi:

automatic na, responds like gasoline ang accelerator, and i dont go below 8km/liter even in bumper to bumper rush-hour traffic.

so did it meet my expecations? definitely! tipid, convenience and power all 3-in-1 coffee

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    History of Common Rail (some of it)

[SIZE=3]The common rail system prototype was developed in the late [/SIZE][SIZE=3]1960s[/SIZE][SIZE=3] by Robert Huber of [/SIZE][SIZE=3]Switzerland[/SIZE][SIZE=3]. After that, Ganser of the [/SIZE][SIZE=3]Swiss Federal Institute of Technology[/SIZE][SIZE=3] developed the common rail technology further. In the mid-nineties, Dr. Shohei Itoh and Masahiko Miyaki, of the [/SIZE][SIZE=3]Denso Corporation[/SIZE][SIZE=3], a Japanese automotive parts manufacturer, developed the Common Rail Fuel System for Heavy Duty Vehicles and finally turned into its first practical use on their ECD-U2 Common Rail system, which was mounted on the Hino Raising Ranger truck and sold for general use in [/SIZE][SIZE=3]1995[/SIZE][SIZE=3].[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Both Detroit Diesel & Cummins Engine Co (America) incorporated the common-rail diesel design into their heavy duty engines during the 1970s, one of which was the Cummins L10 series, which was a standard straight-6 diesel two-valve per-cylinder engine. Obviously in normal circumstances with 12 valves this engine would normally require a single camshaft with 12 lobes operating 12 pushrods which in turn operated the valves, one inlet, one exhaust per cylinder. However these new engine has 3 pushrodsper cylinder, 1 inlet, 1 exhaust, 1 injector. Total of 18 pushrods.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Today the common rail system has brought about a revolution in diesel engine technology. [/SIZE][SIZE=3]Delphi Automotive Systems[/SIZE][SIZE=3] make common rail systems. Different car makers refer to their common rail engines by different names:[/SIZE]

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    History of Common Rail (some of it)

[SIZE=3]The common rail system prototype was developed in the late [/SIZE][SIZE=3]1960s[/SIZE][SIZE=3] by Robert Huber of [/SIZE][SIZE=3]Switzerland[/SIZE][SIZE=3]. After that, Ganser of the [/SIZE][SIZE=3]Swiss Federal Institute of Technology[/SIZE][SIZE=3] developed the common rail technology further. In the mid-nineties, Dr. Shohei Itoh and Masahiko Miyaki, of the [/SIZE][SIZE=3]Denso Corporation[/SIZE][SIZE=3], a Japanese automotive parts manufacturer, developed the Common Rail Fuel System for Heavy Duty Vehicles and finally turned into its first practical use on their ECD-U2 Common Rail system, which was mounted on the Hino Raising Ranger truck and sold for general use in [/SIZE][SIZE=3]1995[/SIZE][SIZE=3].[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Both Detroit Diesel & Cummins Engine Co (America) incorporated the common-rail diesel design into their heavy duty engines during the 1970s, one of which was the Cummins L10 series, which was a standard straight-6 diesel two-valve per-cylinder engine. Obviously in normal circumstances with 12 valves this engine would normally require a single camshaft with 12 lobes operating 12 pushrods which in turn operated the valves, one inlet, one exhaust per cylinder. However these new engine has 3 pushrodsper cylinder, 1 inlet, 1 exhaust, 1 injector. Total of 18 pushrods.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Today the common rail system has brought about a revolution in diesel engine technology. [/SIZE][SIZE=3]Delphi Automotive Systems[/SIZE][SIZE=3] make common rail systems. Different car makers refer to their common rail engines by different names:[/SIZE]

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    It's definitely not more powerful. Look at the engines of the new Pajero (4M41) and Patrol (ZD30). The power and torque output did not improve when both engines were equipped with CRDi.
    Nagkakatalo lang naman yan sa system operating pressure. Baka naman low pressure system pa rin gamit nila. Alam ko kasi, higher operating pressure will yield more engine power. Yong bagong Pajero 3.0 DI-D is 160hp lang samantalang Sta.Fe 2.2 CRDI is 150 hp. Pag CRDI, magaling talaga siguro pag gawa ng BOSCH.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
CRDi does it really live-up to its expectation?..mula inilabas yun??