New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Pag ganon di na puwedeng tawaging "krudo" kasi hindi na crude... "refined" na.
    Sorry couldn't help it. Hehe.
    Last edited by the_wildthing; January 18th, 2005 at 10:18 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I hope kaya ng crdi ng toyota ung diesel fuel natin. mukhang $$$$$$ pag tagal ah.

May client kami who happens to be a former employee of Shell. Sabi nya diesel fuel natin pang factory spec. mataas pa ang sulfur content

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    that's why i posted before an article about diesel engines / fuels:

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16358

sulfur content ng diesel fuel natin is currently at 0.05%. although malaki na rin ang improvement pero hindi pa rin sapat.

ang euro III, 350 ppm (part per million). while ang euro IV, 50 ppm ang requirement.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by KCboy
    yup, im staying away muna sa mga crdi units because of the poor quality diesels we have in the philippines. our 2000 4x4 4jx1 trooper gave out at 35000kms. barado na daw injectors. guess wat, 47000pesoses para palitan. i do hope that the newer vehicles are better. yung ibang tao nga sabi sa akin why mga x5 ok naman, i told them go ahead and drive ur x5 everyday for 2 years n they' ll see what i mean. yung mga diesel x5s naman d nila gamit arawaraw n mga low mileage so kahit 4 years na d pa umaabot ng 2ok kms karamihan.

Pwede malaman san ka nag pagawa ng crdi mo?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    e di pag tumaas pa ang quality ng diesel natin taas presyo din? Correct? patay nanaman tayo.....

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pepengtom
    sa madaling sabe, panget pala ang crdi tech...
    i don't think there's a problem with crdi technology. as most of the guys have said, the issue is the poor quality of diesel in our country.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by usokpower
    My folks just bought the new hilux because of its huge bed we can now put larger steel pipes and planks of wood. Our dissapointment AGAIN is walang bar sa likod pa install pa.

ANyway, back to the title what are the PROS & CONS of crdi?

Im sure may topic nang ganito and i dont have time to search.

I know crdi is electronic and ang ganda ng engine response its almost car like.

But Ive heard from my boss that crdi can be damaged at a certain time because our fuel quality here is poor. Is this true?

Do you know websites about crdi?
    This problem was solved by toyota. Lets wait and see na lang. Yes diesel here in the philippines is dirty, but the 2ND generation d-4d that toyota put on the hilux will elimate the problem of clooging injectors. I heard lots of cases with that sa trooper.

Simple explanation lang why that won't happen to your hilux...

The d-4d that the new hilux has now is the first in the market with secong generation common-rail.

The 2nd generation common rail is the fuel rail wgich stores the highly pressurized fuel before dispersing to the injectors. With this, it won't clog because the pressure will be like trying to carry an adult elephant on your thumb. Thats how high the pressure is.

The second gen common rail also has a high pressure fuel pump....

another advantage is the 32 bit ecu. Its technology is advanced already and the ECU monitors the temperature, RPM and other factors to control the injection timing.

I hope with these, you will feel more at ease with you r purchase of the new hilux. ...sana you got it from me na lang. heheheeh!

Cheers

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    hindi ba ma-address ng biodiesel yung problema (fuel quality and CRDi clogging problem)?

i chanced upon this article in www.biodiesel.org. i'm not proclaiming that this is the ultimate solution... just sharing what i found to be interesting and related to this discussion...

NBB Welcomes DaimlerChrysler’s B5 Biodiesel-Powered Jeep Liberty in Missouri

DaimlerChrysler hopes to capitalize on the growing interest in biodiesel, along with a trend toward
    renewed consumer interest in diesel passenger vehicles, with its introduction of the Jeep® Liberty
    Common Rail Diesel (CRD) later this month. Each 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD leaving the factory will be