New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    the problem is with the fuel, not the CRDi technology!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo_mouth2
    the problem is with the fuel, not the CRDi technology!
    In this context, problema din ang CRDi IMO, simply because it's ahead of its time as far as the Philippines is concerned. In order to make full use of CRDi, kelangan talagang refined ang diesel fuel. Mas refined ang fuel, mas mataas ang presyo. Mas mataas ang presyo, bababa na ang market demand for CRDi because it entails so much for something that doesn't exactly appreciate in value as time goes by.

The way I see it, unless the quality of diesel fuel here becomes comparable with international standards, getting CRDi for now is just asking for trouble in the long run.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; January 19th, 2005 at 09:42 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Mukhang matatagalan bago mag improve yung diesel fuel quality.. This is a politically sensitive issue kasi.

The oil companies can always say that it will require massive investments to improve diesel quality which translates to a higher price for diesel fuel which leads to higher jeepney fares and higher prices of commodities. No politician will support a move to increase diesel fuel prices para lang hindi masira ang CRDI engines :-)

4. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    oh my gulay! Whats this about poor fuel quality eating up new diesel engines?

CRDi din ba yun current engine ng D-MAX?

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Marantz
    This problem was solved by toyota. Lets wait and see na lang. Yes diesel here in the philippines is dirty, but the 2ND generation d-4d that toyota put on the hilux will elimate the problem of clooging injectors. I heard lots of cases with that sa trooper.

Simple explanation lang why that won't happen to your hilux...

The d-4d that the new hilux has now is the first in the market with secong generation common-rail.

The 2nd generation common rail is the fuel rail wgich stores the highly pressurized fuel before dispersing to the injectors. With this, it won't clog because the pressure will be like trying to carry an adult elephant on your thumb. Thats how high the pressure is.

The second gen common rail also has a high pressure fuel pump....

another advantage is the 32 bit ecu. Its technology is advanced already and the ECU monitors the temperature, RPM and other factors to control the injection timing.

I hope with these, you will feel more at ease with you r purchase of the new hilux. ...sana you got it from me na lang. heheheeh!

Cheers

This is a good explanation. So pwede na rin pala ang diesel quality diyan but with Toyota's second-generation CRDI. I assume those of Hyundai and Isuzu CRDI is questionable. Dapat kasi pinag-disseminate ito sa consumers muna bago nilabas ng Hyundai and Isuzu ang CRDI nila...Kawawa naman ang mga nakabili na...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    as far as i know, the latest in common rail technology is in its fourth generation already. and as far as the high pressure common rail and pump is concerned, both of these are features of first gen crdi tech pa.

i have a crdi kia carnival and i have driven it everyday for nearly a year now. my odo reading is nearly 25,000 km now and i haven't experienced any problem with its injection system. so far... and i keep my fingers crossed.

i think that the dirty diesel concerns with the crdi can be addressed by changing fuel filters more frequently than what the pms recommends. for peace of mind, kumbaga ba.

several months ago, i asked christian tan of fronte motors in banaue about the dirty fuel vs. crdi issue and he told me that the problem lies with the way the isuzu 4jxti is designed. i didn't quite understand the techie things he told me but the gist is: something in the isuzu's engine shuts the system down, kumbaga ba safe mode, if it encounters dirty fuel. i think he has a point there. caveat lang, i might have misunderstood what he said but he assured me that it's something that i must not worry about with the kia's j3 engine and crdi system. if i am not mistaken, most of the bad raps concerning the crdi system is linked with the isuzu trooper's engine. they released the engine in the domestic market at a time when local fuel quality is not suitable for the said engine.

pero -- nakakapraning kayong lahat! hahaha! i will have the my fuel filter replaced on my next pms. mucho thanks pala to totoybato for procuring my fuel filter!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Okay lang pareng Diesoline, dapat pala mag stock na lang ako ng at least mga apat na fuel filter for my cariton pag uwi ko diyan sa atin. Kinabahan kasi ako . Pero yang CRDI carnival mo, okay yan, wala pa kasi akong nababasa o nababalitaan na reklamo diyan dito sa korea, considering na ilang taon na din yang model na yan.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what we suggested to our clients is to install two filters before the main filter. so let's say you have your fuel / water filter before it goes to the pump, attach two more filters with the smallest filtration it can do.

and install good filters not those japan or any shop filter. use specialty ones like racor etc.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
What is Common Rail Diesel Technology?