New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    ^^^^^
    mister.swabe

Nice! Salamat sa mga kaalaman. Mas lalo po akong naliwanagan.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    *Raine, Ang mga engine oil na bigay ng mga casa ay good quality lang (sa good-better-best classification) na maaring supply ng Chevron, Shell, Petron o ExxonMobil. sa Honda casa, ito ay Honda branded lang pero ay may gawa a ng mga nabanggit ko na mga kompanya. Baka maximum 7000 km lang siguro at pagkataps ang magdrop off na ang performance dahil sa depletion ng additives. Better buy the more established lube oils from known companies.

Sa Mobil1 ph website, merong diskusyon tungkol sa anong benefit ang makukuha sa pag gamit ng synthetic oil. Eto ang intro ng video showing:

Bago ang lahat, hindi ako taga Mobil ha. Ako ay chemist na nagwowork abroad na sumusubaybay sa motor racing gaya ng FIA-Formula 1. Ang paborito kong team ay Mclaren (partner ng Mercedez Benz at Mobil).

"Bill Maxwell, Distinguished Engineering Adviser Technical, for Mobil 1 Research Team at ExxonMobil's Global Research & Engineering Center in Paulsboro, NJ, says he's not surprised that many car owners are uncertain about the proper ways to take care of their vehicles.
    “Often, people feel intimidated by the numerous automotive care products available on the market, and are uncertain about the pros and potential cons of those products,” Maxwell said.
    Thus, “many people perform only the basic maintenance needed for their vehicles or only react when a real problem has already occurred. And by then, it's often too late, leading to costly repairs.”
    While significant advancements in engine technology have, over the past 10-to-15 years, yielded a number of changes in maintenance practices, Maxwell believes that there is one area in which consumers can easily eliminate the confusion -- selecting motor oil.
    “There is no question that high-performance synthetic motor oils are the way to go because they provide the best performance for all types of engines," Maxwell says. "The best thing automotive service technicians can advise their customers to do is to follow proper manufacturer-recommended oil-change intervals and use synthetic oils.”
    In the video below, Maxwell sets the record straight on many popular myths about synthetic lubricants, helping drivers understand the true advantages that synthetics offer."

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Get the Royal Purple brand. I'm using the 5w-30 viscosity for my Altis. I tried using it until 15,000 and still good (brownish palang ang color).

My Crdi trooper and E150 uses 5w-30 too. I do get better mileage.

HTH

*Mr.Swabe

Salamat sa pagpapaliwanag, sir.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by KinKyHOOTER View Post
    I also owned an EE100 with a 2E carb engine before. And I believe it requires a 20w-50...correct me if I'm wrong ah.

And since your car might be somewhat 17yrs old, I dont think changing to a thin oil will do it good.

I suggest you stick with 20w-50 na oil. You can buy a liter from Toyota at Php 155 each, Toyota oil is manufactured by Chevron (Caltex). Shell Helix Super (Yellow) is also 20w-50 and costs around Php 215 per liter.

What I did before is use the Toyota oil and change oil every 3k kms reading and change sparkplugs also to Toyota Denso at Php 55 each. Since Php 155 per liter, hindi masakit sa budget and alaga pa makina.

You can try 10w-40 if you want, Shell Helix Plus (Blue) costs Php 320 per liter......if 10w-40 and 10w-30 or 5w-30 does not drip out of your engine overnight then good.....but the bottomline is, if the viscosity is fit for the age of your engine.
    my car only has 69k millage and it was baught in 2004... so no problems naman siguro... I HOPE..

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I just put in the RP 10w-30 oil today, will have the car settings fine tuned tomorrow. so far, wala naman akong napansing difference. I still have my fingers crossed though.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mister.swabe View Post
    *Raine, Ang mga engine oil na bigay ng mga casa ay good quality lang (sa good-better-best classification) na maaring supply ng Chevron, Shell, Petron o ExxonMobil. sa Honda casa, ito ay Honda branded lang pero ay may gawa a ng mga nabanggit ko na mga kompanya. Baka maximum 7000 km lang siguro at pagkataps ang magdrop off na ang performance dahil sa depletion ng additives. Better buy the more established lube oils from known companies.

Sa Mobil1 ph website, merong diskusyon tungkol sa anong benefit ang makukuha sa pag gamit ng synthetic oil. Eto ang intro ng video showing:

Bago ang lahat, hindi ako taga Mobil ha. Ako ay chemist na nagwowork abroad na sumusubaybay sa motor racing gaya ng FIA-Formula 1. Ang paborito kong team ay Mclaren (partner ng Mercedez Benz at Mobil).

"Bill Maxwell, Distinguished Engineering Adviser Technical, for Mobil 1 Research Team at ExxonMobil's Global Research & Engineering Center in Paulsboro, NJ, says he's not surprised that many car owners are uncertain about the proper ways to take care of their vehicles.
    “Often, people feel intimidated by the numerous automotive care products available on the market, and are uncertain about the pros and potential cons of those products,” Maxwell said.
    Thus, “many people perform only the basic maintenance needed for their vehicles or only react when a real problem has already occurred. And by then, it's often too late, leading to costly repairs.”
    While significant advancements in engine technology have, over the past 10-to-15 years, yielded a number of changes in maintenance practices, Maxwell believes that there is one area in which consumers can easily eliminate the confusion -- selecting motor oil.
    “There is no question that high-performance synthetic motor oils are the way to go because they provide the best performance for all types of engines," Maxwell says. "The best thing automotive service technicians can advise their customers to do is to follow proper manufacturer-recommended oil-change intervals and use synthetic oils.”
    In the video below, Maxwell sets the record straight on many popular myths about synthetic lubricants, helping drivers understand the true advantages that synthetics offer."

bro kung palit naman ng oil after 5000km at its price compare sa other brands masmaganda pa rin ito, since sabi mo ng after 7000km mag dedegrade ang performance ng oil na ito.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    and mukha namang sufficient na ang mabibigay na protection ng mineral oil since wala naman siyang mga mods at nagrerequired ng higher protection.
    kung over protection ang binibigay ng oil na hindi naman na gagamit at papalitan mo rin sayang lang pera.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Advisable to follow what the manual says regarding what kind of oil viscosity can take.

Honda CASA is the only one I know with 10w-30 mineral oil. Php 180/liter

9. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    how much po ba ngayon cahnge oil ng honda for 1.3 city....bale oil/oil filter/ labor lang... thanks!!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    may ganun pala sa honda casa. mas maganda pa din gamitan ng mga synthetic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12