New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Sirs,

Good day to all! First time ko po to seek help here. Anyway, here's my problem as itemized below:

Ride:
    95 Galant VR V6
    average of 22km of travel per day
    averaging 7km per liter of premium/xcs gas
    cooling is ok
    engine is generally ok

Problem:
    1. Oil found on spark plugs 3 to 6, 1 to 3 are ok though.
    2. Oil found at the tip of the muffler, pero not that much. Enough lang to darken the innards of the muffler.
    3. I lose about half a liter of oil every 30 to 45 days. May tagas .

Actions taken:
    1. Had it checked by a mechanic at Petron in proj2. Sabi nya cylinder head gasket daw ang problem.
    2. Spoke with a mechanic at speedyfix over the phobe, ang sabi nya valve seal lang daw ang problem.
    3. Had it checked at a talyer at san jose bulacan, the mechanic also said na cylinder head gasket nga ang problem, pero recommended to have the engine overhauled.

Just wanted some inputs from you guys to help me decide on what to do.. Many thanks!!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    You're losing oil and burning it in the combustion chambers. Usual suspects are the piston rings and valve seals/stems. Not likely to be cyl head gasket, as that usually causes radiator coolant to leak out. Overhaul time.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    tama si BERNIEDD na dapat pa overhaul makina mo,since wet ng (oil?) ang spark plugs maaring piston ring at valve seals ang may tama. Iyan kasi ang kadalasan pinag mumulan ng pagbabawas ng oil at basang plugs.hindi naman siguro palyado makina mo para maging gas ang dahilan ng basang plugs.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kuruma64 View Post
    tama si BERNIEDD na dapat pa overhaul makina mo,since wet ng (oil?) ang spark plugs maaring piston ring at valve seals ang may tama. Iyan kasi ang kadalasan pinag mumulan ng pagbabawas ng oil at basang plugs.hindi naman siguro palyado makina mo para maging gas ang dahilan ng basang plugs.
    sir, kahit na po yung spark plugs 1, 2 and 3 ay walang langis? thanks po mga sir sa reply.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jinrai View Post
    sir, kahit na po yung spark plugs 1, 2 and 3 ay walang langis? thanks po mga sir sa reply.
    exactly sir, ibig sabihin kung spark plugs 1-3 mo ay hindi basa, 4-6 ang may tama (valve seal/piston ring or pareho).

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    i see.. pero let me just clarify - kung valve seals ang problem, i believe kaya ito ng either top overhaul or dukut? and if piston ring, then kelangan na magpa overhaul?

and by the way, nag linis ako ng muffler the other day, then checked it's tip after about 11 kms. found the tip to have cleare moisture, kinda like water pero manipis lang. i just brought up this info to see if it would help with our troubleshooting

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    AFAIK ang dukot is for the pistons. Pwede mo muna papalitan valve seals then observe mo muna, pakiusapan mo na lang yung mekaniko na kung pwede pag may problem rin yung pistons e mas mababa na sisingilin nya sa iyo. Kasi parang doble trabaho nya kung valve seals muna tapos pistons. IMO sabay mo na lang valve seals and piston rings, antay na rin natin advise ng mga experts kung ano pa dapat isabay.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    thanks. i guess kelangan ko na mag handa for the overhaul. i;ve read it ranges from 30 to 50k depende sa extent ng sira. i hope yung sa kin nasa base line lang since di naman palyado at di mausok yung makina ko.

i'll be heading to mr. speedyfix's shop next weekend if my schedule permits.

will update you guys about what he's gonna say.

THANKS tsikoteers

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    if you're not loosing water then malamang hindi head gasket. if there are leaks then that may be the cause of the loss of oil. fix the leaks muna imo then observe again. if the plugs still get wet with oil then have the valve seals replaced muna pero do it on all 6 cylinders para isang gawaan nalang and not just on the 3 that are wet.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    if you're not loosing water then malamang hindi head gasket. if there are leaks then that may be the cause of the loss of oil. fix the leaks muna imo then observe again. if the plugs still get wet with oil then have the valve seals replaced muna pero do it on all 6 cylinders para isang gawaan nalang and not just on the 3 that are wet.
    sir, thanks for your input. tama ka sir, i'm not losing water, langis lang talaga. i had my oil seals sa bandang camshaft(?) replaced nung january - 4 pcs yun i think. nabawasan lang yung tagas at sa ibang portion na ng engine nanggagaling.

question lang po, possible ba na mag cause ng tagas to the extent of dripping na sa floor yung sirang valve seals?

sorry po sir di ako makadaan sa shop nyo may work kase ako ng saturdays lately. open po ba kayo on sundays? do you charge for diagnosis?

many thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Wet Spark Plugs and Engine Oil Leak