New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Good day tsikoters! Just wanna ask ano kayang problema sa sasakyan ko, minsan kasi pag umaapak ako sa gas pedal, may "kuliglig" sound.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by iamjcesteban View Post
    Good day tsikoters! Just wanna ask ano kayang problema sa sasakyan ko, minsan kasi pag umaapak ako sa gas pedal, may "kuliglig" sound.

Maybe one cylinder is not firing properly. Check if it's getting fuel. Also check if the sparkplug wires are firmly plugged and also not cracked resulting in "leaking" electricity.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009

where is the sound originating? what car year make and model? have you checked the accessory belts? is the sound continuous or sporadic?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wornout auxillary bearing siguro?
    nasa gawi ng waterpump ang bearing na ito, dinadaanan ng belt para sa aircon or alternator.

kung tunog makinilya/typewritter, valve tappeting ang kailangan mo. loose na yung nuts sa rocker arm.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    i think fan belt yan sir,
    check mo sir kung matino pa yung mga belts,
    kadalasan if bungi na yung ngipin ng belt, nagslislip na sya thus creating the sound,
    or mas common sa mga old cars, wala na sa alignment for example yung alternator
    so nagskiskid sa boundary nung pinagkakabitan nung belt, this creating the sound ulit.

madalas yan sa old school lancer namin, yung alternator hindi align sa belt,
    tumutunog pag-rev.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    where is the sound originating? what car year make and model? have you checked the accessory belts? is the sound continuous or sporadic?
    I have Nissan Exalta STA 2000. Havent checked anything yet cause I'm a newbie with cars. First car ko po kasi. Nagkakaron lang ng sound whenever I step on the gas pedal. I have a matic car. Pag umaandar without stepping on the gas pedal, wala namang sound. Could it also be related with my ABS? Naka-on kasi ABS Light ko, e di ko pa napapaayos.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    By merely looking at the belts makikita ko ba kung bungi na or improperly aligned siya?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    By merely looking at the belts makikita ko ba kung bungi na or improperly aligned siya?
    sir, the best solution i can think of
    is hanap ka sir ng kasama na tatambay sa harap ng kotse mo (hood popped up) habang ikaw nagrerev,
    or the other way around, para mapinpoint nyo dalawa kung san talaga nang gagaling.

or sa talyer na mismo dalhin, let your trusted mechanic do the checking
    para sya na magsabi sayo kung ano talaga yun.

mura lang naman fanbelt sir, if dun talaga nanggaling yung sound.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    I have Nissan Exalta STA 2000. Havent checked anything yet cause I'm a newbie with cars. First car ko po kasi. Nagkakaron lang ng sound whenever I step on the gas pedal. I have a matic car. Pag umaandar without stepping on the gas pedal, wala namang sound. Could it also be related with my ABS? Naka-on kasi ABS Light ko, e di ko pa napapaayos.

first, the noise: change your accessory belts. they are due for replacement in four years or around 100,000 km. the alternator belt is the most possible source of the noise since the alternator is supposedly on duty everytime the engine runs, the p/s belt and the a/c belt only makes noise when they are on duty except when the idler pulleys are stuck.
    second, the abs light:it is a separate problem-check the fluid level, cehck the wheel speed sensor and make sure the tires are of the same diameters.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    first, the noise: change your accessory belts. they are due for replacement in four years or around 100,000 km. the alternator belt is the most possible source of the noise since the alternator is supposedly on duty everytime the engine runs, the p/s belt and the a/c belt only makes noise when they are on duty except when the idler pulleys are stuck.
    second, the abs light:it is a separate problem-check the fluid level, cehck the wheel speed sensor and make sure the tires are of the same diameters.
    I'm not sure if the previous owner already replaced the accessory belts but I think it could be the problem. That will be on my priority. Thanks sir.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Weird problem when stepping on the gas pedal