New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    first, the noise: change your accessory belts. they are due for replacement in four years or around 100,000 km. the alternator belt is the most possible source of the noise since the alternator is supposedly on duty everytime the engine runs, the p/s belt and the a/c belt only makes noise when they are on duty except when the idler pulleys are stuck.
    second, the abs light:it is a separate problem-check the fluid level, cehck the wheel speed sensor and make sure the tires are of the same diameters.
    Thank you sir for the help! It turned out na its the fan belt. May mga medyo pro na tumulong sakin. What they did was. To pour water to the belts. And nung inapakan ko ang gas pedal, nawala yung sound. Thanks for the help sir!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    I'm quite confused. Dinala ko na sa mekaniko yung sasakyan mga sir. He said that the belts are still good. What we replaced was a bearing. after nun, may sound pa din, he said that it could be the bearing of the alternator or the timing chain. so dinala namin sa tumitingin ng alternator, he said that it is impossible kasi hindi daw tunog bearing. what he did was to adjust the belt. pero meron pa din, so he and another mechanic concluded na parang sa timing chain nga daw nang gagaling yung sound. They quoted it at 6,000 including the labor. Papalitan daw yung timing chain and the lower and upper pulley. When i tried pressing the gas pedal naman kanina , wala namang sound. I need an advice po sana if timing chain na po kaya yung problem kasi it can get worst daw if yun nga ang problema at hindi naayos.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by iamjcesteban View Post
    I'm quite confused. Dinala ko na sa mekaniko yung sasakyan mga sir. He said that the belts are still good. What we replaced was a bearing. after nun, may sound pa din, he said that it could be the bearing of the alternator or the timing chain. so dinala namin sa tumitingin ng alternator, he said that it is impossible kasi hindi daw tunog bearing. what he did was to adjust the belt. pero meron pa din, so he and another mechanic concluded na parang sa timing chain nga daw nang gagaling yung sound. They quoted it at 6,000 including the labor. Papalitan daw yung timing chain and the lower and upper pulley. When i tried pressing the gas pedal naman kanina , wala namang sound. I need an advice po sana if timing chain na po kaya yung problem kasi it can get worst daw if yun nga ang problema at hindi naayos.
    natest mo naman na sir, wala ng sound sabi mo,
    no idea sa timing chain thou, wala pa ako nagagamit na auto na timing chain.

tignan mo sir engine bay mo, if may mga rubber scrapings sa parts sa paligid ng mga belts,
    probably may belt dyan na nagagasgas which creates the sound,
    pwedeng misaligned ang alternator for example.

nung tinetesting nila sir, pinapakinggan mo din?
    dapat pag nagtetest sila, tutok ka,
    para hindi kung ano-ano ang ibibigay sayong qoute or kung ano mang "sira".

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    have you crankshaft pulley checked... there are crankshaft pulleys which are made of 2 parts (drive and pulley) which are separated by rubber damper... if the rubber damper is failing, you will hear squeaky sound even if you tighten the belts...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Madalas worn out bearing experienced ko sa ganyan. Lalo na kung may nag adjust sa belt tensioner ng alternator at air compressor na sobra higpit. 3 months lang babalik ka uli sa naghigpit ng belt mo. Kita uli siya. Kaya ako ay set ko sa tension tension para di masira kaagad yun bagong bearing.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by iamjcesteban View Post
    I have Nissan Exalta STA 2000. Havent checked anything yet cause I'm a newbie with cars. First car ko po kasi. Nagkakaron lang ng sound whenever I step on the gas pedal. I have a matic car. Pag umaandar without stepping on the gas pedal, wala namang sound. Could it also be related with my ABS? Naka-on kasi ABS Light ko, e di ko pa napapaayos.
    Hi Boss, did you saw what were the root cause of this noise Nissan Exalta STA 2000 coming from?? same din nangyayari sa nissan ko...ano po naging solusyon?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Weird problem when stepping on the gas pedal