New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    just like much of the responses here, i just wait for the rpm to settle down before taking off. minsan pag nagmamadali, larga agad

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    My practice is to warm up for just a minute and then I am off either diesel or gas. Longer than that, I feel like it's a waste of gas.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    kapag nasa lower parking ako sa office, i let it warm up for a little bit. pansin ko pag itinakbo mo kaagad hirap sya to go up the incline. kelangan talaga stay ka lang sa 1st gear. unlike kapag na-warm up na segunda kayang-kaya umakyat. also, kapag may time i let it level to the idle speed of about 800rpm. kasi pag-on mo mag-race to around 1.5k sya muna for a while.

sa mga malalamig na lugar, one of the reasons to warm up also eh madalas very short distances lang sila. usually a trip to the supermarket which is just maybe a few blocks away. alam naman natin mas masama sa engine at sa oil kapag short trips lang without getting a chance for the engine to even go up to operating temps.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Sa de-karburador kong car, kailangan ko pang i-warm up ng 1 minute bago lumarga. Mas maikli naman pag de-EFI ang gamit ko, 15 seconds lang. The reason for this practice of mine is to let the oil spread in the engine (I'm using Castrol GTX 20W50 lang kasi). Then I drive slowly, revving not more than 2000 rpm, for 2 kilometers w/o AC before switching to the usual driving mode.

Last edited by jjmd3_787; August 12th, 2012 at 10:12 PM. Reason: tao lang po . . .

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Ako, takbo na, pero hindi hard driving kaagad....

16.6K:sunny::sampay:

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    As per owner's manual, let the rpm settle sa normal idling level. During start, >1k rpm tapos bababa about 800 rpm in a few seconds

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmd3_787 View Post
    Sa de-karburador kong car, kailangan ko pang i-warm up ng 1 minute bago lumarga. Mas maikli naman pag de-EFI ang gamit ko, 15 seconds lang. The reason for this practice of mine is to let the oil spread in the engine (I'm using Castrol GTX 20W50 lang kasi). Then I drive slowly, revving not more than 2000 rpm, for 2 kilometers w/o AC before switching to the usual driving mode.
    or meaning, you let the engine operate at normal temperature; kaya important to match yung viscosity rating ng engine oil sa temperature ng Pinas

8. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Ako, takbo na, pero hindi hard driving kaagad....

16.6K:sunny::sampay:
    Same here sir........

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I think in wintertime, they warm up the engine also because the engine coolant is used in the HVAC to heat up the passenger cabin. It usually takes a few minutes for the engine to become warm enough to raise the cabin temp.
    maybe so, and that is just to help to warm the cabin. but in terms of idle time or waiting for the oil to circulate before driving, any more than 5mins is just a waste of fuel.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ako mga 5-10 sec. lang and then larga na agad but soft driving lang muna.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Warm up the engine??