New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my dad who has a 78' beetle, a kombi, a dune buggy, a 2 door brasilia and other slew of old cars not to mention a harabas still running perrrfectly.

recently, my dad had to register his VW beetle and harabas, so an emission test was required.

the 1st tests were downright disappointing since the two failed with "flying colors" literally.

but after a few minor adjustments, voila, it passed and with scores to die for.

What are those adjustments?

Doc Diesel

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the A/F mixture.
    you lean it.
    in other words "sinakal"

3. FrankDrebin Guest
    Overhauled carburator, new spark plugs?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Doc Diesel,

another guessing game?
    i believe i didnt get to know what happened to the catamaran...
    and the engineer..

anyway..
    for this topic..you used coco diesel?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    adjustments on the tester? :wink:

6. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    i'll go with happy_gilmore :mrgreen:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well as long as your pistons' compressions are okay, a good cleaning of the carbs with the ever reliable carb cleaner would do the trick (couple it with the right a/f mixture) for the carb.

a new set of right spark plugs gapped at the right specs, new condenser and contact points perhaps (or a clean one) and properly dwelled and timed engine ignition will all contribute to a passing mark on any gas vechicle.

I don't think it is a secret at all (passing the emission test ng walang daya!!!).

LET US ALL DO THE RIGHT THING - HUWAG DAYAIN YUNG TEST NA YUN

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Diesel
    my dad who has a 78' beetle, a kombi, a dune buggy, a 2 door brasilia and other slew of old cars not to mention a harabas still running perrrfectly.

recently, my dad had to register his VW beetle and harabas, so an emission test was required.

the 1st tests were downright disappointing since the two failed with "flying colors" literally.

but after a few minor adjustments, voila, it passed and with scores to die for.

What are those adjustments?

Doc Diesel
    One of two adjustments:

1. manually hold the carb so the engine will run extremely lean while testing.

2. manually hold over some cash to the tester and see him give you a passing score. :twisted:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I believe #2 holds true with my old car when we got it tested

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    One of two adjustments:

1. manually hold the carb so the engine will run extremely lean while testing.

2. manually hold over some cash to the tester and see him give you a passing score.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
VW Beetle & Harabas passed the emission test, u know how