New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Mga bro,

i saw this device being sold here in Ayala Center, Cebu. gas-saving device na ikinakabit sa loob ng hose na daluyan ng air papuntang intake manifold. it makes the air swirl as it enters the combustion chamber, thus promotes better air/fuel mixture and efficient combustion. they have a 10-day moneyback guarantee, it costs 2500 bucks free installation

what can you say about this mga tsikoteers? im sure you heard about it na. although i want to satisfy my curiousity, i just also want to know if 10 days is already enough to know kung ano side effect ng device (if any). for those who have tried it and were not satisfied, binabalik ba nila kaagad ang pera mo right there and then without hassles?

Check out their website: http://www.uniqpoint.com
    i think pinalitan na nila ang name into ECE (Engine Combustion Enhancer)

mmm... 10 days isn't enough. But honestly I wouldn't buy any of those "fuel saving" devices unless tested... AFAIK puro marketing lang yan.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Same concept with the turbonator (http://www.turbonator.com/).

Do a search for turbonator in this forum and you'll have some ideas pre.

Good luck.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ravelcop
    Mga bro,

i saw this device being sold here in Ayala Center, Cebu. gas-saving device na ikinakabit sa loob ng hose na daluyan ng air papuntang intake manifold. it makes the air swirl as it enters the combustion chamber, thus promotes better air/fuel mixture and efficient combustion. they have a 10-day moneyback guarantee, it costs 2500 bucks free installation

what can you say about this mga tsikoteers? im sure you heard about it na. although i want to satisfy my curiousity, i just also want to know if 10 days is already enough to know kung ano side effect ng device (if any). for those who have tried it and were not satisfied, binabalik ba nila kaagad ang pera mo right there and then without hassles?

Check out their website: http://www.uniqpoint.com
    i think pinalitan na nila ang name into ECE (Engine Combustion Enhancer)
    BIG WASTE OF MONEY

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    ghosthunter,

medyo bitin lang ako sa comment mo, if possible, could you explain why? nasubukan mo na ba? or meron ka bang kakilala na nakasubok na and had negative feedbacks about it? i really need your inputs here. bat mo nasabing waste of money kung money-back guarantee naman?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ghosthunter,

medyo bitin lang ako sa comment mo, if possible, could you explain why? nasubukan mo na ba? or meron ka bang kakilala na nakasubok na and had negative feedbacks about it? i really need your inputs here. bat mo nasabing waste of money kung money-back guarantee naman?

ako pa yung naging defensive. At any rate, the "ECE" device will cause "swirls" in the air but those same swirls will not reach the combustion chamber given the twists and turns of the engine's intake manifold all the way to the cylinders. All it does is create a constriction in your engine's intake, the loss of flow would be more pronounced at the top end of your engine's rpm range.

Big waste of money because you will still have to "test" the effectivity of the device in ten days. Then if you feel it is not effective, you will still have to drive your car back to the dealer. Theoretically he will immediately give back your money. But thats hardly the case, he would probably need to "test" your car as well. he might also give other excuses as well. Given that time is money, the more time you waste with "testing", you are also wasting money.

We can already know that devices like the "ECE" does not work as claimed so why bother trying the "Nth" version that came out on the market?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter
    ako pa yung naging defensive. At any rate, the "ECE" device will cause "swirls" in the air but those same swirls will not reach the combustion chamber given the twists and turns of the engine's intake manifold all the way to the cylinders. All it does is create a constriction in your engine's intake, the loss of flow would be more pronounced at the top end of your engine's rpm range.
    yup... you have to place the device right before the combustion chamber for it to theoretically work.

and even if it is placed right before the combustion chamber, the swirl generated will be negated by the speed of the air flow.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    yup... you have to place the device right before the combustion chamber for it to theoretically work.

and even if it is placed right before the combustion chamber, the swirl generated will be negated by the speed of the air flow.
    ... not to mention the possible danger of the device being sucked into the engine block under high revs.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    ghosthunter,

It simply doesn't work. That's just it man...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Ako one liner din ang sagot... http://www.fuelsaving.info/turbulence.htm

Eto na lang. If that were true, everybody would be putting it in, sa manufacturer pa lang.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
UniQ FCE (Fuel Combustion Enhancer)