New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    anyone knows how to adjust the TPS
    I know its location, connected to the TB...normal position is at 11% (i have my own OBD II scanner, that's why)

linis ko sana throttle body...can see black gum there but I might
    need to re-adjust the TPS...read many forums the TPS needs re-adjustment due to high rpm problem after cleaning TB

vios 1.5g matic 2006

thanks

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by paetechie View Post
    anyone knows how to adjust the TPS
    I know its location, connected to the TB...normal position is at 11% (i have my own OBD II scanner, that's why)

need to re-adjust the TPS...read many forums the TPS needs re-adjustment due to high rpm problem after cleaning TB

vios 1.5g matic 2006

thanks
    most TPSs today don't have elongated mounting holes that you can reposition to "calibrate" the resistance in relation to the throttle position. they now have round holes and can only be installed in one position. these newer TPSs are recalibrated by the PCM. it recons itself everytime your PCM boots up just like your PC. this is a block learn capability built into the program.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    [QUOTE=paetechie;1786115]anyone knows how to adjust the TPS

vios 1.5g matic 2006

thanks[kailangan mo ng multi tester to check the resistan ng TPS at Voltage ng TPS mo.pacheck mo sa marunong mag check ng voltage at resistan yang TPS mo baka masyadong mataas na voltage nyan pag naka minor,.kailangan 1 volts lang ang reading nyan pag naka minor]

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mina_nuka View Post
    most TPSs today don't have elongated mounting holes that you can reposition to "calibrate" the resistance in relation to the throttle position. they now have round holes and can only be installed in one position. these newer TPSs are recalibrated by the PCM. it recons itself everytime your PCM boots up just like your PC. this is a block learn capability built into the program.
    thanks for the reply, already cleaned my throttle body and MAF sensor last week. Idle RPM indeed went high after cleaning and sometimes hunts but stabilized after a few days. Now it's ok. TPS used to be 11% pre-cleaning (using my OBD), now it's 12.5%. RPM back to 700+ level at idle and improved car response

I'm now monitoring fuel consumption. It used to be almost 11kms/liter city driving (QC to Makati).

TPS adjustment