• A car with more horsepower

3 17.65%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    torque all the way

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Depends....even if you have a high torque rating if the torque band range isn't flat and most of them are available at very high RPM, that wouldn't do it either.

Example:
    Your engine is rated at 200HP *7500RPM and 200 ft-lb of torque *6000RPM and only 75 ft-lb of torque is available from 4000RPM and below, you'd call that car torqueless since you have to rev it up past 4000rpm to get the most of your torque.

High RPM car like the S2000 is good if you are in the track or on the freeway but again, you have to go up in the rev range to get the most of your engine. Not to mention, runninng your engine at 6000-9000rpm is not something that i would like to do every so often even if it was rated to go that way. I mean, for every day driving, i would try to get more mileage and try not to abuse the engine (imagine if your car is driven hard at 6-9K rpm for a few years before you sell it, that would affect the durability of the engine).

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    airshaq what if ito yung specs?

163bhp * 4,000rpm
    251 lb ft * 2,000rpm

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    torque for me!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTO

163bhp * 4,000rpm
    251 lb ft * 2,000rpm
    Never seen one like that but that would be a blast. You'd have a wheelspin at every traffic light

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    yeah mas mganda if you can achieve your max torque at a low rpm range... it will save you gas! cuz you dont have to rev upto a high rpm range (where fuel is abundantly needed) - this is an example of a good city car.

Quote Originally Posted by OTO

163bhp * 4,000rpm
    251 lb ft * 2,000rpm
    Parang specs ng diesel yan ah

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    pag city driving and pang araw-araw I'd say torque is more beneficial. Pero kung weekend racer type of car, horsepower syempre :D

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Basta dun ako kung san mas-maagang maabot ang peak tapos nearly flat hanggang just before its max RPM...

Tama yung nasabi sa taas, it could be useless if you only reach them at high RPMs...

If I drive it and it feels good, dun ako! Di ba Carlo?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter
    a good example of a car with lots of HP but lacking in torque is the Honda SiR.
    Corolla XRS din... Toyota does a Honda:
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...zda#post225050

...We feel Toyota's variable valve timing, which is incorporated into the engine, could use some fine tuning, as the power comes on disappointingly late. We finally felt all 170 ponies up near 6000 rpm and enjoyed a few quick revs before shifting gears and falling back out of the powerband. Most drivers will never reach such high engine speeds in regular city driving; the power would be welcome lower on the tachometer.
    "T" for Toyota and Torque and "H" for Honda and Horsepower is now a thing of the past.. pareho na sila torqueless

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Torque or Horsepower