New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    after 72,000kms ako nalagutan ng oem timing belt, top overhaul ang ginawa ng diamond motors. medyo napabayaan ko kasi ito before, ngayon hindi na. palit na every P70,000kms.
    Nalagutan na rin ako nito dati along c5 papuntang taguig. Traumatic talaga, pagkalagpas ng elevated u-turn, namatay makina. Ni-try ko i-start *ouch*! bawal pala kasi nadale yung valves. Ayun na-tow ako pauwi, laki ng nagastos. inoverhaul nila. hahaay! 2nd hand ko kasi nabili yung oto. Tas murang timing belt lang pala ang ikinabit. Ngayon mas conscious na ako, pinacheck ko na sya ulit recently sa trusted mechanic ko, malamang sa July magpalit na ulit ako. It's better safe than sorry...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by edtf View Post
    don't feel bad at least you have peace of mind and you are back to zero. You can now do a service record of your vehicle - mileage, date and cost of each repair so that you can maximize your next service/repair
    its true. its not really a waste of money... just consider that T belt replacement was incidental and that what you were trying to repair was the oil seals...

besides, you can still reuse all the belts you replaced specially the v belts....

3. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    we bought a 2nd hand prado 90 series model and make it a point to change the timing belt as soon as we got it from the previous owner. it is better to be safe. though my mechanic said it is still new and can run a thousand miles pa but my father opted to change it.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by r1chm0nd View Post
    Good Day guys.. Just want to give you an update regarding this..

I just had my timing belt change, and I was quite regretful for what I did because it seems like my belt was in great shape and doesn't need to be changed yet.. So I prematurely spent 4,900 pesos..

Here's what I changed for other people's reference :

timing belt, aircon belt, alternator belt, camshaft seal, crankshaft seal, tensioner bearing.

Cost of parts :

timing belt - 1300
    aircon and alternator belt - 700
    camshaft and crankshaft seals - 500
    tensioner bearing - 600
    labor - 1800

I'm just quite sad because I spent money too early..

Lesson learned : Don't fix what isn't broken...
    sir, just try to imagine kung magkano magiging bukol mo pag nalagutan ka ng belt, dale valves mo, luckily pag di nadamay ang piston rods mo.
    to appease yourself from the unwanted expenses, isipin mo na lang na forward expenses mo ito, yung mga dapat gagastusin mo later on. So, in a sense makakatipid ka pa.
    ang isang plus factor mo dito is that, di ja na kakabakaba na while driving, baka malagutan ka ng Tbelt. Lalo na kung mag long distance trip ka to the province, lalo na honda yan ride mo (di gaya ng toyota na sabi nila kahit sa botika makabili ka ng piyesa ).
    Bottom line is, just enjoy driving your pipip (kaya lang ang presyo ng gaso. . ooouuuchhhh!!!)

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    *TS, tama sila. maintenance naman kasi ang ginawa mo at di mo na inantay na masira. imagine mo na lang pag naabutan ka sa kalye isipin mo pa towing at kung saan papagawa. meron pa nga iba dyan na pinapagawa ng pansamantagal lalo lumaki gastos. ok na yan para meron kang fish of mind.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    maintenance is maintenance. feel bad if you replace a part that is not a wear item na hindi sira. pero pag wear item then it's better to replace it than to let it break on the road.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by r1chm0nd View Post
    Good Day guys.. Just want to give you an update regarding this..

I just had my timing belt change, and I was quite regretful for what I did because it seems like my belt was in great shape and doesn't need to be changed yet.. So I prematurely spent 4,900 pesos..

Here's what I changed for other people's reference :

timing belt, aircon belt, alternator belt, camshaft seal, crankshaft seal, tensioner bearing.

Cost of parts :

timing belt - 1300
    tensioner bearing - 600
    labor - 1800

I'm just quite sad because I spent money too early..

Lesson learned : Don't fix what isn't broken...

wag ka malungkot kasi ako pinagdaanan ko yan, yung dapat na 5k na gastos, naging 100k dahil naputulan ako timing belt. pero naging 3g makina ng toyota ko from 1.3L

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    Must take note also on the installation of the t-belts also. these synchronous belts are made to rotate in 1 direction only. if you can read the belt markings when facing the engine, install is ok.

guys, take note also of the irregularity of the noise emitted and feel of the engine....last week lang I saw a broken balancer belt on a 4d56 advie. A gov't vehicle which is taken for granted. The driver and the mechanic came up to me to "borrow" some silicone sealant to cure a leaking valve cover. Upon removal of the timing cover, I saw something is amiss. The left balancer sprocket popped from its seat due to a broken bolt. Good thing, the cam belt is good. Good thing the advie and mine share the same engine except for the turbo, I supervised the removal and installation of belts and seals kahit na maraming miron na driver din na nakikialam with my knowledge na mali naman pinagsasabi.
    Kapag may nararamdaman ako sa takbo at andar ng pipip ko eh lagi ko iniinspect yung tension ng timing belts as well as the teeth.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Cost of parts :

timing belt - 1300
    tensioner bearing - 600
    labor - 1800
    Worry free driving - priceless

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by robot.sonic View Post