New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    synthetic ! smoother engine, mas tahimik, better FC, longer intervals ..

try to change to synthetic din sa tranny ..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Specifications

* Exceeds API SM/CF
    * ACEA A3/B3
    what does this exactly mean?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    SA diesel din po ba ok din po mag synthetic?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    those are certifications/ratings that oil has to meet or exceed. different engines will have different minimum requirements so make sure that the oil you use meets those.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    newbie lang sa thread and i learned a lot....for me. i use fully synthetic oil sa old car (sentra '88). i've tried it by accident kc my brother bought it and no choice but to fill it in. since then i use FS oil kahit mejo mahal....ganda ng hatak ng car at tahimik pa.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    We can't go wrong if we follow the oil specs as stated in the owner's manual.

I have seen heads and camshafts with heavy build-up of oil sludge due to use of high performance oils which did not meet the engine's requirements.
    I have also seen before a mazda 323 sedan that undergone engine overhaul due to sludge build in its oil galleries.. the engine was using Fully Synthetic oil since it was bought brandnew...

For me I use the recommended oil spec for the engine and use ordinary engine oil.. just change it every 5000kms or earlier this way you can keep the engine cleaner unlike using synthetic that you will use longer 10000kms or more

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    medyo OT,
    If your going to use Non-Casa Fluids on your car (Ie:, Brake, sterring, Tranny, Engine, etc..) would this be Ok? even though its the same viscosity or it met the requirements of the aftermarket ones?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ok lang yun, pakulo lang yan ng CASA to make money... Ako basta hanggang may warranty yung car sige CASA ako pero beyond the warranty period sa labas na din ako bumibili ng fluids...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mackkcam View Post
    medyo OT,
    If your going to use Non-Casa Fluids on your car (Ie:, Brake, sterring, Tranny, Engine, etc..) would this be Ok? even though its the same viscosity or it met the requirements of the aftermarket ones?
    ok lang as long as you get fluids with equivalent or better specs or ratings.
    Casa fluids are not necessarily the best for your car. It might be the best for their pocket.

Ex. Toyota uses a so called "Toyota Motor Oil" thats SM rated with viscosity of 20w50. My car's manual says that you can use this oil as well as other thinner oils like 10w30 or 5w30. If i use the thinner oil, my FC may improve. However, I cant use the thinner oils cause Toyota will void my engine warranty if I dont use their "oil brand." Heck its not even their oil, I heard its actually repacked Caltex oil.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Ok lang yun, pakulo lang yan ng CASA to make money... Ako basta hanggang may warranty yung car sige CASA ako pero beyond the warranty period sa labas na din ako bumibili ng fluids...
    Kahit under warranty pa noon yung oto ko, sa labas pa rin ako bumibili ng motor oil.

Pero I'll always use the same brand of coolant. Hassle kasi magpa-flush pa kung magpapalit ako ng brand eh.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
synthetic or ordinary engine oil???