New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    It does and have experienced it with Hondas ...

it would show on the dashboard or instrument panel. during KOEO (key on engine off) check mode, all the warning lights go on to check mode, all of them light up. some turn off automatic from the delay timer, some when the conditions are met to extinguish the warning light
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; March 18th, 2023 at 07:42 AM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I'm seriously thinking that but my car is 9 na rin naman, old na rin shocks pero 41k kms nga lang. I know my car, super smooth yun e ngayon parang mas matagtag pa sa 10th gen ko na may leak na talaga shocks

Sent from my SM-M127F using Tapatalk
    if you are inclined,
    do some forensic mechanics.
    inspect the nuts and bolts on them shocks. after being there for 9 years, i expect them to be dull or dirty on the surface.
    are they dull and dirty, or are there bright spots, suggestive of recent manipulation?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    after this latest issue Cathy already convinced herself her car is a lemon

kahit naayos na car niya she expects another issue to arise

kakabahan na siya gamitin ung car

psychological na ito
    Last edited by uls; March 18th, 2023 at 12:11 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post

kakabahan na siya idrive ung car

psychological na ito
    you're probably right.

once you are convinced your car is a lemon,
    every little creak will be cause for concern, even when in truth, 'there's nuthin' to be worried about' .
    sell it nah. you'll never feel comfortable again, driving her.
    heh heh heh.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It does and have experienced it with Hondas ...
    I remember many moons ago, people were saying the gen1 CRV cant be put on a car lift for too long since masisira yun spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    you're probably right.

once you are convinced your car is a lemon,
    every little creak will be cause for concern, even when in truth, 'there's nuthin' to be worried about' .
    sell it nah. you'll never feel comfortable again, driving her.
    heh heh heh.
    yup she should sell it nalang

wala na eh

it's like nag fall out of love na siya sa asawa

mag separate nalang sila

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    duda ko nasira ang shock mount
    ganyan nangyari sakin back in december, medyo natagalan naka jack stand yun fronts
    ayun namulot ako bearings sa garage [emoji23][emoji1787]

Sent from my 22021211RG using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    I remember many moons ago, people were saying the gen1 CRV cant be put on a car lift for too long since masisira yun spring.

Yes that is the case of honda CR-Vs before (not sure now) ... but the "expert" from abroad is saying it doesn't happen and if it does, an error should light up ... so I guess it doesn't exist here ... we are just imagining it ...

The shocks are just stretched, they're not really damaged ... you just need to "reseat" them by compressing the shocks ... one method is to find a steep driveway or incline and drive diagonally towards the incline to "compress" the shock one by one ... or find a ramp a drive fast so the car jumps and lands hard ...
    Last edited by Walter; March 18th, 2023 at 02:11 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Baka naman matigas lang gulong.. nag add ng air ang tech..

Pwede din nung pag lift, fully extended ang shocks pwede mag cause ng pag tigas yan pag luma na.. di na bumalik sa dati
    That's the first thing I did, pinacheck ko yung air, perfect naman

OH NO! Naalala ko tuloy nung na overspray ng casa yung car ko and I insisted na ayusin nila kapalpakan nila

Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    it would show on the dashboard or instrument panel. during KOEO (key on engine off) check mode, all the warning lights go on to check mode, all of them light up. some turn off automatic from the delay timer, some when the conditions are met to extinguish the warning light
    My car is not that hi tech

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if you are inclined,
    do some forensic mechanics.
    inspect the nuts and bolts on them shocks. after being there for 9 years, i expect them to be dull or dirty on the surface.
    are they dull and dirty, or are there bright spots, suggestive of recent manipulation?
    I will post the report of the casa, they found nothing else to repair. Passed lahat sa inspection. Nakalagay they tightened the nuts and bolts, baka dapat hindi na lang nila ginalaw e

kakabahan na siya gamitin ung car

psychological na ito
    That's what I told the SA nga kung reliable pa ba car ko e I have to go home to Laguna more frequently pa naman

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sakit ata ng Honda? hehe

yup she should sell it nalang

wala na eh

it's like nag fall out of love na siya sa asawa

mag separate nalang sila
    If I had a job I would, if I get a windfall of money, that's the first thing I will do nga. Saka diba dito sa Tsikot may mga hindi gusto ang CVT? Parang disposable car ata or something?

Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    duda ko nasira ang shock mount
    ganyan nangyari sakin back in december, medyo natagalan naka jack stand yun fronts
    ayun namulot ako bearings sa garage [emoji23][emoji1787]

Sent from my 22021211RG using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Sana naman hindi sinira ng casa

Yes that is the case of honda CR-Vs before (not sure now) ... but the "expert" from abroad is saying it doesn't happen and if it does, an error should light up ... so I guess it doesn't exist here ... we are just imagining it ...

The shocks are just stretched, they're not really damaged ... you just need to "reseat" them by compressing the shocks ... one method is to find a steep driveway or incline and drive diagonally towards the incline to "compress" the shock one by one ... or find a ramp a drive fast so the car jumps and lands hard ...
    I really hope so. How about if I don't brake na sa humps. How about yung humps na pangit/steep in BGC sa may mind museum?