New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I got my car back. Thanks everyone for the advice, quiet na ulit engine pero bakit feeling ko naging matagtag car ko or I'm just being paranoid? Pina check ko tire pressure tama naman

Mechanic swapped your shocks ...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Ganun na nga hahaha. Kasi ganda ganda ng takbo ng car ko tapos out of nowhere feeling ko sasabog engine. So traumatic. I've been driving since I was 16, first time to experience that

Kasi yung old cars may signs like iingay or something or pag shocks sira matagtag.

May timing belt ba car ko? Yan kinakatakutan ko din masira

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    If its a Toyota, its an easy fix. 👍👍👍

Pag sa ibang brand yan nangyari, tatawagin yan na sirain.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Mechanic swapped your shocks ...
    I'm seriously thinking that but my car is 9 na rin naman, old na rin shocks pero 41k kms nga lang. I know my car, super smooth yun e ngayon parang mas matagtag pa sa 10th gen ko na may leak na talaga shocks

Sent from my SM-M127F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    how can they have time to swap shocks

March 16

Yun lang hahaha

I had an anxiety attack this morning. I couldn't breathe Feeling ko talaga lemon car ko and I need to dispose of this soon pero hindi talaga ako bibilhan ng bago e jobless ako [emoji24]

Anyway, thanks to the Tsikot community kasi yung 40k PMS ko na P18k was cut in half! Kung madadala ko lang car ko sa QC baka less than P10k lang magastos ko for the coil ignition and valve cover

march 17

I got my car back. Thanks everyone for the advice, quiet na ulit engine pero bakit feeling ko naging matagtag car ko or I'm just being paranoid? Pina check ko tire pressure tama naman

Btw, bakit kaya no symptom at all yung sa ignition coil ko? Also, hindi ko talaga matanggap na at 41k, 9 yrs old bumigay na hehe

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    how can they have time to swap shocks

March 16

march 17
    March 15, 9 am pinick up then they messaged me today (Mar 17) lunch time na ready na unit.

I should have gotten it March 16 but I only gave them go signal nung March 16 to proceed with the repair and PMS. One day daw kasi to order parts

Ano kaya cause bakit bigla naging matagtag [emoji24]

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    March 15, 9 am pinick up then they messaged me lunch time na ready na unit.

I should have gotten it yesterday but I only gave them go signal nung March 16 to proceed with the repair and PMS. One day daw kasi to order parts

Ano kaya cause bakit bigla naging matagtag [emoji24]

yun nga

so hindi counted ang march 15 dahil 16 ka nag go ahead

march 15 your car was just parked at the casa

they started working on your car yesterday (palit ignition coils, valve cover gasket, change oil etc) and you got your car today

you think they can squeeze in the time to remove your shocks and install someone else's old shocks?

di madaling trabaho magpalit ng shocks

tsaka meron sila ibang cars to attend to

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Baka naman matigas lang gulong.. nag add ng air ang tech..

Pwede din nung pag lift, fully extended ang shocks pwede mag cause ng pag tigas yan pag luma na.. di na bumalik sa dati

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Possible they left your vehicle on the lifter for too long ... or worse overnight ... solution before was to "compress" the shocks while driving ... you'll have to figure out creative ways of doing this safely ...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Possible they left your vehicle on the lifter for too long ... or worse overnight ... solution before was to "compress" the shocks while driving ... you'll have to figure out creative ways of doing this safely ...

leaving the car lifted on a hoist does not cause the ride quality change. if it had active suspension, it has to be switched off first to prevent the ride height control from extending and contracting the actuators repeatedly

altis does not have active suspension like the mid 90s sports and luxury editions with TEMS- toyota electronically modulated suspension
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; March 18th, 2023 at 05:36 AM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    It does and have experienced it with Hondas ...