New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    reset the ecu?, some people disconnect the batteries while other cars need a tba, throtle body adaptation - sa mga bagong 1.8T vw we use a vag-com to do tba's or the open hood, driver door, key on procedure.
    usually your car will adapt to the filter in a couple of starts.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    if anyone is interested I am selling my simota filter with tubing for GLXi or MX Php 1,000. The tubing is used but the filter has never been used. I only used the tubing with my K&N Filter. If you are also interested in getting the K&N filter Php 1,500 used.

txt me na lang 0917-8479473

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tama si 1.8T. Just disconnect the battery for 5 minutes (actually 30 seconds lang, but buti na yung sigurado :D ), then reconnect and youre done.

4. yebo8 Guest
    auto_xer

email mo nga email addy mo sa akin, yebo*i-manila.com.ph
    i have a project kasi, putting in a ram air cai for my lancer. instead of a cai that takes air from under the bumper it will be an air scoop on the hood with a rain/dust eliminator fitted so pwede kahit malakas ang ulan. my plan is to keep the original air filter box, modify lang ng konti. i'll be using a drop-in k&n with the ram. i have perliminary drawings already. if you can send me your email addy then i'd like to ask your opinion whether it is feasible. own design kasi. lahat kasi ng nakita ko na air scoop sa internet walang water/dust eliminator e. or maybe i just did not search enough? anyway it will be applicable for both drop-in or a new housing can be fabricated also for the cone type k&n (cold air box daw tawag dun, tama ba?).

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Trobs
    guys, question. if a car's engine is efi and you want to replace the stock filter with an aftermarket type, do you have to reset the ecu? if so, how do i do this?

thanks in advance! :D
    Ngayon ko lang nalaman to ah :?

Just installed a Simota filter on my Corolla today. I didn't disconnect the battery or anything. Pagkasalpak, start kaagad, then test drive. Normal naman lahat :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo8
    auto_xer

email mo nga email addy mo sa akin, yebo*i-manila.com.ph
    i have a project kasi, putting in a ram air cai for my lancer. instead of a cai that takes air from under the bumper it will be an air scoop on the hood with a rain/dust eliminator fitted so pwede kahit malakas ang ulan. my plan is to keep the original air filter box, modify lang ng konti. i'll be using a drop-in k&n with the ram. i have perliminary drawings already. if you can send me your email addy then i'd like to ask your opinion whether it is feasible. own design kasi. lahat kasi ng nakita ko na air scoop sa internet walang water/dust eliminator e. or maybe i just did not search enough? anyway it will be applicable for both drop-in or a new housing can be fabricated also for the cone type k&n (cold air box daw tawag dun, tama ba?).
    yebo8 curious ako dyan sa project mo! gusto ko makita yang design mo kasi naisip ko na maganda sana kung may cold air box yung filter ko (cone-type) sa corolla ko (AE101). Yun nga lang kelangan ko pang isipan kung papano :roll:

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Pwede bang lagyan ng ganyan ang Corolla ko? 89 model. =)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pls. email me at Auto_Xer*yahoo.com for your inquiries. I don't get to visit the boards as much anymore.
    Thanks.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    auto_xer kung sa mitsubishi na 4g15 efi mga mag kano kaya and san shop mo

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ask ko lang kung pwede tube at cone type na filter sa mga oldschool
    like ng lancer boxtype 87? mgaknao naman kung meron?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Simota Intake / Air Filters