New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    yes i agree with the caltex diesel having water or just dirty... if any of you ever travel to tagaytay.. try to avoid the caltex gas station in paseo de santa rosa, my personal experience is that there is some water mixed with their diesel.. i live around this area.. so i know what the effects of getting diesel in this particular caltex station..

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yes, I do believe that dirty diesel is an issue here. I've seen a Hyundai Matrix, less than one year from the diesel launch, belching black smoke when the driver accelerated.

I've seen black smoke from Innovas, too, and BMW X3s. Word is, there are problems also for BMW CRDis, but not as widespread as the Trooper problem (which, really, was the worst that's happened to any CRDi design... and was widespread in other countries, too).

It pays to be careful where you load. You can be lucky and never experience problems, or you can be very unlucky, like a few people, and have to pay for major repairs in less than a year.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    CRDi = future.

Major repair in a year = warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    2002 CRDi Starex? grey market sa'yo? I though 2004 ang first batch ng CRDi starex ng HARI sa'tin. facelifted ver. na ba sa yo sir

hindi nga kami nagamit ng Caltex, Shell lang and one gasoline station lang ang pinapa-gasan namin since the vehicles were bought except on long trips
    Yes Sir, greymarket, from what used to be ASPAC motors in Quezon avenue, wala pang HARI nun, Wheels pa lang ang tawag dun sa HARI E.rodriguez ngayon! Hindi pa sya "facelifted" like the current model being sold now, at my LSD sya (whatever that means). I think ito yung halos pinakalumang CRDi starex, at it used to be na bidang bida ako nun sa hatawan (145HP?), overdrive-OFF pa ako parati pag pauwi probinsya, a lot of times loaded pa! Pag overtake ng CIVIC sa mabagal na trak, buntot (tailgate) lang ako, then konti busina at ilaw para yung CIVIC naman ang tumabi at magpa overtake sa kin . Sarap talaga ng CRDi!

As for Caltex, nakakatukso kasi yung Caltex malapit sa min, kasi maluwag sila sa customer, kahit dun sa "discounted lane for jeepneys" puede kami magkarga, dami nga nakapila parati, pati mga Pajero .

Pero after my injector problems, medyo umiiwas iwas na ko sa Caltex, PETRON diesel max na sa Bluewave marikina, mas mahal nga lang!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Should the Japanese Brands Introduce the CRDi Engines of their Passenger Vehicles?