New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dagol View Post
    Masyadong malaki ang generation gap ng Common rail at mechanical injection pump para paghambingin sila. Parang sugar ray robinson vs manny pacquiao.Dapat yung counterpart ng bawat isa ang paglabanin gaya halimbawa ng 2L vs 4d56 vs 4ja1.
    +1, it should be on same technology. Non-crdi. 2.4-2.5 displacement. Sa 2L ako. Even if I own a strada and use an advie. hehehe. Mas bago naman kasi sa 4d56 kaya mas refined.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kkreuk18 View Post
    fortuner comes with the 2.5 crdi engines,just like the innova, on 4x2 models, 3liter engine on 4x4.
    toyota 2kd engine as good as the isuzu 4ja1 engine or even better? when it comes to acceleration and top speed, yes, but durability? I highly doubt it. Wala pa napapatunayan sa diesel engine ang toyota, kahit nga un sister company nila na hino, sirain ang makina
    It's not easy to compare two different types of engine to one another.

Against the prehistoric 4JA1? Not really a comparison... the 4JA1 lasts a long time... any damage from poor maintenance and fuel quality takes at least 150,000 kilometers to manifest.... the common-rail 2.5 D4D can show damage as early as 60,000 kms.

But against Isuzu high-pressure direct injection engines like the 4JX1, durability is similar. And that's what you should be comparing it to... as the old 4JA1 can't pass modern emissions requirements in developed markets, like the D4D can.

Hell, my 4JA1-powered Crosswinds barely pass our even more prehistoric local emissions requirements... which is why the ASBUs keep trying to flag them down.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    nissan yd25ddti: 1 engine model, 2 power outputs. sa other countries meron pa sila 3rd, yung "low"...

HI - 174HP (Navara 4x4)
    Mid - 144HP (Navara 4x2)

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Yung makina (most comonly diesel) na ginamitan ng turbocharging lumakas yung hp plus kung EFI pa then later on CRDi;

Toyota 2L merong 2L-II, 2L-T, 2L-TE, 2L-THE din.
    MMC 4D56 turbo non-intercooler at 4d56 TDiC, 4D56 DiD tapos ngayon 4D56 DID vgt; 4M40 meron ding mechanical fuel injection at EFI injection na mas malakas, 4B11 meron din turbocharged version.
    dami pa nga

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Oo nga pala, un 3L engine ng toyota is good. Sorry sir Ry_tower, nalimutan ko un engine na un dahil nagiisa lang ata un na naging ok base sa mga nakita ko from toyota diesel engine. Un hilux with the 2L engine, way back 2005 naghahanap ako ng pickup un tiningnan ko na hilux, ang kinis ng kaha model 97, medyo malasado na ang engine, 150K ang odo. I end up with the Isuzu pickup 96 model, na 170K ang Odo.
    I agree na un 3L e matibay, maaaring matibay pa nga un sa 4d56.
    Sakit ng ulo ng mga kamaganak ko sa toyota 1c at 2c. Kahit nung ioverhaul after 1 year bigay na naman.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kkreuk18 View Post
    Oo nga pala, un 3L engine ng toyota is good. Sorry sir Ry_tower, nalimutan ko un engine na un dahil nagiisa lang ata un na naging ok base sa mga nakita ko from toyota diesel engine. Un hilux with the 2L engine, way back 2005 naghahanap ako ng pickup un tiningnan ko na hilux, ang kinis ng kaha model 97, medyo malasado na ang engine, 150K ang odo. I end up with the Isuzu pickup 96 model, na 170K ang Odo.
    I agree na un 3L e matibay, maaaring matibay pa nga un sa 4d56.
    Sakit ng ulo ng mga kamaganak ko sa toyota 1c at 2c. Kahit nung ioverhaul after 1 year bigay na naman.
    i thought toyota engines are robust

BTT: the fact that the engines mentioned (the D4D and the hyundai engines) comes from different manufacturers masasabing their tuning and the orientation of the engine are different hence the differing power outputs despite the same displacement. also IIRC hyundai uses bosch injectors, while mitsubishi, toyota and isuzu uses their own injectors. am i right?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCarEnthusiast View Post

BTT: the fact that the engines mentioned (the D4D and the hyundai engines) comes from different manufacturers masasabing their tuning and the orientation of the engine are different hence the differing power outputs despite the same displacement. also IIRC hyundai uses bosch injectors, while mitsubishi, toyota and isuzu uses their own injectors. am i right?
    Engine manufacturers dont make their own fuel system.They always work together with the parts makers like Bosch,Lucas,Denso,Siemens & Delphi for their fuel systems.We cant primarily blame toyota for the D4D issue.Its Denso that normally supply fuel system to Japs, while most european manufacturers utilize Bosch.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCarEnthusiast View Post

AFAIK most Japanese car companies including Toyota, Mitsubishi and Isuzu use Denso injectors for their engines. Denso's are known to be more problematic as compared to Bosch injectors, and are very sensitive to dirty fuel as shown by the "choking" D4D units, as well as the problems experienced in the Trooper's 4JX1 (which also uses Denso injectors).

Toyota's 2.4L diesel is indeed a robust engine. Our family has a 1st generation Revo diesel which uses that engine. Its been to Aparri many times already and is primarily used for pangharabas. Its also more powerful than the 4D56 found in the Adventure and L300 (86hp/165Nm as compared to 73hp/147Nm in the 4D56).

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    AFAIK most Japanese car companies including Toyota, Mitsubishi and Isuzu use Denso injectors for their engines. Denso's are known to be more problematic as compared to Bosch injectors, and are very sensitive to dirty fuel as shown by the "choking" D4D units, as well as the problems experienced in the Trooper's 4JX1 (which also uses Denso injectors).

Toyota's 2.4L diesel is indeed a robust engine. Our family has a 1st generation Revo diesel which uses that engine. Its been to Aparri many times already and is primarily used for pangharabas. Its also more powerful than the 4D56 found in the Adventure and L300 (86hp/165Nm as compared to 73hp/147Nm in the 4D56).
    Faster too. L200 4x2 vs Hilux 4x2, iwan L200, kahit yung 4x4 turbo intercooler pa (non-crdi). Fastest we did was 160km/h sa hilux.

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    *LT* engines by Toyota are not that good. just google it. sabi nga nung isang forumer, the L was an excellent engine until they put turbo on it. lots of cracked heads. my LJ71 prado is one. it is now running on 1kzte. cross my finger it will not suffer the same heads like the aussie do.
    you can also try to go to Banawe. dami cylinder heads na me cracked sa 1kzte at wala ng nagbebenta ng 2lte heads. lahat upgrade na sa 1kzte.

power wise, malakas ang toyota diesel engines but hindi matipid like the isuzu engines kaya di sya hit sa mga jeep or any rebuilt vehicles.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
same engine displacement diff HP