New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Why don't you do it yourself, at least you know that it clean. Just make sure that you cover the alternator and distributor with plastic bag (microwave plastic works the best). And also, don't use high pressure water, regular watermain pressure will do (25 - 30 psig).

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    alternator, distributor, IGNITION WIRES and FUSEBOX.

I agree with seonadancing, rain is never as hard as a pressure washer. The idiots who engine washed my Sentra before sprayed the valve cover directly and water got past the weather seals of the ignition wires and into the spark plug wells.

You can have it engine washed, but make sure they're very very careful.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Thanks for all your responses. My unit is a 2.7 VVTi.

Thanks for all your suggestions. I will try to wash the engine myself (kung sisipagin ako). But the next time ipasok ko sa kasa ang kotse ko, I will ask them to engine wash it and get their recommendation regarding doing an engine wash.

Looks like Big Bert's is highly recommended. I will try this out.

Thanks a lot again.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    sir, i suggest bring it to bigbert's first. pag nakita mo na how they wash the engine then next time pag sisipagin ka then that's the time DIY mo nalang if you want. at least may idea kana how they wash it the proper way. just my 2 cents.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Honestly, if your car is that new, there won't be any oil leaks in your car anyway, so other than regular dust and moisture, it shouldn't get that dirty, so just spend time wiping it down again and again everyweek and it'll stay clean for years to come.

Just remember that maintenance beats restoration any day hehe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Is it safe to Engine Wash new Cars with ECU?