New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    My engine CA20 finally gave up on me... and I'm scouting for a replacement engine

Saw one yesterday, was told it was from a maxima, 1.8ltr () w/. Automatic transmission

Just want to ask if I just buy the engine without the transmission, is it possible to swap?

how about a GA16?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I'm also going to start canvassing for parts...

anyone happen to know which parts is going to be replaced when overhauled? including MAW replacements...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think kung overhaul lang vs engine swap ang pagpipilian, i would still go for the overhaul. mas mura kung tutuusin.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    In a few days, mag papa overhaul na ko... mas ok ba kung overhauling kit na ang kukunin ko? mas mura ba? kumpleto ba kapag sinabing kit?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Unfortunately, we found out that OVERHAUL is no longer an option, may basag na yung Engine Block, sa part na pinag-kakapitan ng Oil Pan, 4-5 inches ang diameter nung nabasag...

I'm considering getting a GA16DE, sana wala complications, wala talaga ako makuha manual ng CA20 or ng 1989 stanza para sa sukat

If ever, accdg to one of the replies on this thread, baka di sukat yung axle ng GA16 sa maxima, ano ang remedyo/fix dun???

thanks

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Can anyone recommend a shop sa evangelista? we'll be going there to look for a CA20 engine replacement, baka may kilala kayo na mapagkakatiwalaan

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    To buy the engine? Marami. I used to get my stuff from Parts n' Shop, that's two or three blocks down from the northern end.

But to do the swap... sorry... can't help you there...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    To buy the engine? Marami. I used to get my stuff from Parts n' Shop, that's two or three blocks down from the northern end.

But to do the swap... sorry... can't help you there...

yeah just to buy the engine...

ok ba presyo dun and ok ba bumili dun if ever?

thanks

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Eeekkk....

Look at my engine.... Just above the oil pan

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nice hole!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Replacement for CA20 engine