New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by EGGIRL View Post
    ganun po sir, di ibig sabihin sir yung PH15 eh parehas din sa D15? bkit hindi pare-parehas ang mga variations ng mga engines dito sa pinas? sorry po, kasi curious lang at 1st time ko lang to have car.sabi nila malakas daw D15B ah. totoo po ba ito? nasabi din ng pinsan ko na malakas ang SiR?anu po mayron dun, at lahat ata ng mga lalake na gusto magkakotse eh yun ang pinipili?magkanu po yun ngayun?hehehe sakaling makayanan...

thanks again guys!
    Yes ph15 and d15 are the same. honda sir have dohc engine while honda civic (ek/eg) are sohc engine, SOHC stands for Single Overhead Camshaft. That means that there is only one camshaft per header. Inline engines will contain one camshaft. V-type and/or flat will contain 2 camshafts. For a SOHC engine there are usually 2 valves per cylinder but there can be more with the addition of cams for each valve.

DOHC stands for Double Overhead Camshaft. Now there are 2 camshafts per header. So in an inline there are 2 camshafts because there is only one header, but there is 4 in a V-type or flat engine. These DOHC engines usually have 4 valves. One camshaft for the exhaust valves and the other for the intake valves.

Advantages to having a DOHC engine over a SOHC is that the engine has twice as many intake and exhaust valves as a SOHC motor. This makes the engine run cooler and more smoothly, quietly, and efficiently. But the downfall is that DOHC engines cost more for repairs.

check also this link, i hope it will help, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Civic

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    IMO, honda sir prices are ranges from 300k-400k it depends in the condition and model of a car.. try to browse in classified section here, BTW welcome to tsikot ms. EGGIRL..

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    if your looking for qc area for performance shop then id suggest speedlab sa may quezon ave. they have almost everything you need for performance upgrade. yung forced speed medyo malayo na... sa antipolo area na yan.

then for simple mods, go full exuast and full intake muna para konteng extra push. pero dont put high tension wires na kasi wala talaga natutulong for increase hp. but if your going for the engine looks then ok yan.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    I suggest Forcedspeed along Kalayaan avenue. They maintain my Honda cars.

Magaling sila dun and mabait both sa the way they do business and of course the price. They regularly join racing circuits as well so they know what they are doing.

Look for sir Jeff.

what? not convinced yet?

browse the honda club and find out what everybody is talking about:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/HCP/index...howtopic=38039

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jkaizer View Post
    I suggest Forcedspeed along Kalayaan avenue. They maintain my Honda cars.

Magaling sila dun and mabait both sa the way they do business and of course the price. They regularly join racing circuits as well so they know what they are doing.

Look for sir Jeff.

what? not convinced yet?

browse the honda club and find out what everybody is talking about:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/HCP/index...howtopic=38039

san po sa kalayaan yung forcespeed?pwede makuha map niyan po!salamat!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
question about autoshop/performance shop