New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    do u know the compression per cylinder? baka off ka lang sa timing
    I can't recall the exact numbers eh, pero If memory serves me correctly it's around 160+ more or less on cylinder 3. 1,2 and 4 were the same around 190.

Quote Originally Posted by batangtalyer View Post
    ndi ako makakapag recomend sayo kase maraming magagaling talaga. pero eto yung procedure na kadalasan ginagawa namin jan.
    basic mechanical condition vs. manufacturers specification. data scanning, code reading and sensor or circuit integrity test. tapos yung gas analysis ( emission output.) yan yung basic data na kinukuha namin bago kami mag start ng tuning. sa mga shop na may engine analyzer alam po nila yan sir. sa usok pa lang nalalaman na kung ano ang posible na problema nyan.
    Eto po ba yung major tune up?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    imho, no need to do overhaul yet. unless there is oil in the plugs. for the most part, id follow batang talyer's advice. also, the timing

btw, id also check the aircon compressor. mukhang naninikit
    Last edited by sirkosero; July 15th, 2012 at 12:10 PM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    imho, no need to do overhaul yet. unless there is oil in the plugs. for the most part, id follow batang talyer's advice. also, the timing

btw, id also check the aircon compressor. mukhang naninikit
    Thank you for the advice sir.

Just to add more to the a/c compressor theory. I actually just had my ac condenser replaced due to leaks. After the repairs bumalik na yung lamig to full blast, pero dito ko lalong napansin yung bagal nya.

While I drove home from the a/c guys, dun lalo naging obvious yung bagal nya with the ac on. On a/c #4, grabe mga 20-30 kmh lang takbo ko with the gas pedal 3/4 all the way in. Super tagal before it starts to rev up passed 2000 rpm. I'm thinking hindi kaya there's something wrong with the compressor kaya hirap yung engine ko patakbuhin sya? Pero in fairness malamig sya kahit lunch time!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    ah... yun pala. possible overcharged yan or kulang ng oil sa compressor.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    ah... yun pala. possible overcharged yan or kulang ng oil sa compressor.
    I'll pay close attention to it more. Pero so far hindi naman noisy yung compressor and efficient naman ang cooling nya. The ac people said that they already added compressor oil kaya we can rule that out I guess.

Pero so far ang biggest hinala ko is baka nga timing and baradong air and fuel filter. I'll probably bring it to Migs for a major tune up and go from there.

Will keep you guys updated soon. Thanks again sa responses.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Bah.. A new symptom guys.

I've started to notice that the car now is beginning to have problems with cold starts. These last two mornings, when I tried to start the engine by turning the key, I get no response.

If would hold the key in the start position after 5-7 seconds, eventually the engine will crank and the car will start fine. Does this mean I have low fuel pressure?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    have your battery checked. thats a sign of a battery nearing its end of life

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    have your battery checked. thats a sign of a battery nearing its end of life
    Thanks sir, I appreciate the info.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Just an update.

Fuel filter and air cleaner has been replaced, unfortunately no noticeable difference. I did notice that if I'm parked on a leveled street I have less cold starting issues. This leads me to the idea that I might have a problem with the fuel pump due to the falling fuel pressure. Does that make any sense? If I'm parked on an incline (front raised), I almost always have problems starting cold.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    *batangtalyer

sir may shop po b kayo na gumgawa ng mga engine analysis as you mentioned? plans to have my 96vti diagnosed coz my tyme n hesitant cya sa acceleration, parang pigil ang takbo, bago nmn sparkplug ko. tnx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast