New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by av8or5
    kcboy:

question, what is the percentage that the fuel injector of crdi cars will break? is it 80%? because if the percentage is quite big, then that's really a problem.
    at least for me... it doesnt matter kung 80% man sya o 60%.. the more important thing is that mukhang totoo nga talaga na hindi fit yung diesel natin sa CRD engines..

it may be wise to have a wait and see attitude muna regarding toyota's plan of action here.. o kaya sa mga oil companies... i'm hopeful na with the brisk sales being enjoyed by the innova... baka ma pressure din ang oil companies to come out with cleaner diesels... although kung sakaling magkaganun... malamang eh parang lalabas na unleaded, premium na gas... parehong unleaded, pero may different class.. may cheaper class diesel.. may more expensive diesel... let the consumer choose..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by KCboy
    u can double the filters but it would just delay the inevitable, screwed up injectors. disposable daw yun so once its clogged, palit na.
    it is true that when it gets clogged up, palit na kaagad yan pero it still boils down to how you maintain it.

my dad's vito is still running very strong with two filters installed. never pang nasira.....

if you would like to install an additional filter, look for RACOR.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by KCboy
    al motor,
    what car are you talking about so i would know? crdi ba? not all people have the knowledge n capabilities to take the extra steps you've mentioned above. my point is sir is that most crdi engines will fail and cannot take the dirty diesels that we have po. i just hope the government and the big 3 oil companies take steps in refining much cleaner diesels.

Audi A4 2.5-V6 TDi quattro...high pressure direct injection. dunno if it's CRDi pero malamang yun na nga yon.

actually, i've posted on a similar thread before nung kadarating lang nung car from Germany (pero malamang di sa thread na ito yun). nabastos pa nga ako eh...someone retorted at me, "HOW SURE ARE YOU THAT THE FUELS HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES ARE SUBSTANDARD?" tsk tsk. ayan ayan lumabas din!!! i'd love to dis that guy, but never mind. i hope he reads this post. hehehe.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Diesel
    it is true that when it gets clogged up, palit na kaagad yan pero it still boils down to how you maintain it.

my dad's vito is still running very strong with two filters installed. never pang nasira.....

if you would like to install an additional filter, look for RACOR.
    imo too, it all up to prudent filter monitoring. the only difference (i think) between local diesel and europe's diesel is the sulfur content, europe's being lower. lower sulfur content means fewer diesel particulates. hence, if local diesel has more particulates, then fuel filter changes should be more frequent than what the vehicle's regular maintenance intervals recommend.

with my car being a grey market kia sedona crdi, it was impossible to get a fuel filter in the local parts stores. buti na lang tsikoteer totoybato was very kind enough to send me one direct from korea. due to the absence of local filter availability, i find doc diesel's solution of an additional fuel filter practical. baka mapapasyal ako sa betan, kahit malayo....

doc diesel: masikip na engine bay ko. mapagkasya pa kaya ni racor ang extra filter dito? the fuel filter is between the two blue caps in the middle left side of the photo.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi Diesoline, post mo naman dito kung okay yung pagpapalagay mo ng dalawang fuel filter, i will be shipping home my tucson crdi in a few months time and i am thinking of bringing with me several spare fuel filter units for good measure. reading topics like these gives me the creeps. Parang may nabasa yata ako a few weeks ago regarding a "euopean standard" diesel fuel being sold by a particular fuel company dyan sa atin.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    DocDiesel and Diesoline, you're right about the need for at least 2 fuel filters to prevent injector clogging. The service advisor head at Toyota Otis and the Parts Supervisor showed me (both the schematic diagram and the parts) that the IMV (Fortuner, Innova,Hi-Lux) have a secondary fuel filter that's supposed to last 350,000 km and a primary fuel filter that's inspected and cleaned every 5,000 km. There is an indicator on the dashboard if the primary filter in performing poorly thus requiring cleaning or replacement. They said these vehicles were tested with the poorest diesel fuels in the Asian countries (e.g. China, India, Indonesia, Philippines, etc.) so they were able to devise this strategy to prolong the life of the diesel fuel injectors (common rail).

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    totoybato: ok. post ako ng pics ng install after i have it done. kaya lang baka next month ko pa siguro mapapagawa yun. the premium diesel is at unioil at south superhighway. just read it in another thread but i don't have any first hand experience with it.

back to the thread...

as to the filling up from just one service station thing, i think that it is impractical. what i do is fill up from service stations that have a high turnover of customers. para sigurado parating bago yung crudo. and syempre, it won't hurt kung mura. hehehe!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by docSUVfan
    DocDiesel and Diesoline, you're right about the need for at least 2 fuel filters to prevent injector clogging. The service advisor head at Toyota Otis and the Parts Supervisor showed me (both the schematic diagram and the parts) that the IMV (Fortuner, Innova,Hi-Lux) have a secondary fuel filter that's supposed to last 350,000 km and a primary fuel filter that's inspected and cleaned every 5,000 km. There is an indicator on the dashboard if the primary filter in performing poorly thus requiring cleaning or replacement. They said these vehicles were tested with the poorest diesel fuels in the Asian countries (e.g. China, India, Indonesia, Philippines, etc.) so they were able to devise this strategy to prolong the life of the diesel fuel injectors (common rail).
    good to know na meron palang ganyan. confirmation yan that what doc diesel suggested will work. thanks!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by docSUVfan

wow okay to... good news.. but kelangan siguro ma confirm... will try dropping in an innova dealer and ask if the sales reps are well oriented about this... hopefully makakuha ng confirmation ...

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    This article may answer some your question:

https://www.yehey.com/lifestyle/people.aspx?artid=3584

Good Day!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Phil. Diesel -> not CRDi ready?