The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Problem:
    1. white smoke, but not much
    2. noticeable oil consumption
    3. oil leaking from cylinder head cover and from breather

however, I have no problem with cold start or starting at any time. One click lang siya.

How can I solved the oil leak, white smoke and blowby?

My ride is the nissan diesel power pick-up.

Thanks. Really.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    unfortunately you will need an overhaul. Minimum, your head gasket and piston rings are suspect to have gone bad.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritbreaker View Post
    Problem:

however, I have no problem with cold start or starting at any time. One click lang siya.

Thanks. Really.
    Cylinder head gasket needs replacement for sure plus pa-check mo na rin nga piston ring since may white smoke na as GH suggested. Ganyan symptoms ng blow-by diesel engine (w/ oil consumption).
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Ilan odometer reading?

Pa compression test po muna nyo.

No problem with cold start? Kung ako sa yo pull out cylinder head muna para makita baka sira na mga valve seal kaya kumakain ng langis, exhaust / intake valves dapat na rin ang grinding.

Yung crankcase pressure baka sakali ay pcv valve sticking lang.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    thank you everyone for the quick reply. My odometer reads around 435K, I guess he is long overdue for an overhaul. My fuel consumption for a highway drive with AC is around 12K/L.

I will check first for the sticking PCV, Im tired doing engine cleaning very often!

I asked my mechanic, quoted me around 9k for the parts and labor for a "dukot" job. I guess this is already reasonable.

question: After overhaul, should I expect blowby, white smoke and leaking oil to disappear totally?

Thank you peeps.

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    The white smoke might not disappear entirely. It may comeback for a year or so. I've seen many overhauled nissan power eagles and eagle with BD25 Engines that had undergone overhauling.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Cylinder head job I think. Pag di sya kumakain ng langis at di naman hard starting maayos pa ang compression nya.

Top overhaul lang, kung ako sayo. Tapos pa check mo cylinder head kung ayos pa ang lapat and for crack.

3 - 4k lang dapat labor ng dukot, pero I don't know kung ganyan presyuhan pag nissan.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    The white smoke might not disappear entirely. It may comeback for a year or so. I've seen many overhauled nissan power eagles and eagle with BD25 Engines that had undergone overhauling.
    Baka kasi yung injection pump hindi rin pina-calibrate. Also, kung magaling yung mag-overhaul, almost back to normal dapat yan (with proper break-in dapat).

*TS, ipa-check mo na din injection pump niyan. Pero sa 12km/l matipid pa yan ha.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritbreaker View Post
    Problem:

Thanks. Really.
    Fix first the leaks so you will really know your engines oil consumption.I dont see the need for dukot or overhaul cause your ride starts well during cold start as a good sign of a healthy diesel engine.Dont fix it if ain`t broke.Its a waste of money & time.Valve cover gasket is so easy to replace.There is also the possibility that the injection pump oil seals are worn that oil is mixing with the fuel to be pumped thats why consumption is evident.Start with the cheapest repair that you can do.In case,after these easy fix i mentioned and still engine oil consumption prevails,then i will advice you to use thicker oil than what youre using now.Overhauling an engine is the last thing to do as its time consuming & expensive.Goodluck

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Baka kasi yung injection pump hindi rin pina-calibrate. Also, kung magaling yung mag-overhaul, almost back to normal dapat yan (with proper break-in dapat).

*TS, ipa-check mo na din injection pump niyan. Pero sa 12km/l matipid pa yan ha.
    Tama Ry. Maybe that's the case with the other Eagle's that i've seen. Pero, IMO magaling yung nag overhaul, the guy got his training from Tesda eh. Oh well, goodluck TS!
    Last edited by SiRbossR; March 20th, 2011 at 05:36 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
for overhaul or not?